So I pulled this old thing out of the closet...

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Blarneo
rebel

So I pulled this old thing out of the closet...

Post#1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:43 pm

... and forgot how much I enjoyed it. My bedroom just got a hand-me-down TV from the living room and I didn't have a second AppleTV to try it out, but I had my old Dreamcast, and it works just as well as it did when I packed it up years ago. It's like I got a new toy 15 years after I boxed it up.

I forgot how cool these games were, and I got into playing them and lost track of time. I hooked it up about 4pm. 5 hours later I was starved! So, I went online, and found out that people are still making games for it, and now I want those shooters from Germany from a Neo Geo group.

This last weekend I went to a retro game store and picked up and extra controller, Jet Grind Radio and Ready 2 Rumble. JGR didn't have it's manual, it was a home printed CD label, but I found a PDF and read the instructions.

Yeah. I'm new here. :D

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: So I pulled this old thing out of the closet...

Post#2 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:22 pm

welcome aboard

get a dreampi

go online

8D

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:57 pm

Welcome to the forums.

The people here are more then willing to help with any questions you may have.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Not storing means caring !!!

Get a DreamPi

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#5 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Hey man, welcome

It's cool to see all the newer people vouch for online, a few years ago it was mostly fans/offline people

But as others said also, you should look into getting a Dreampi setup
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Blarneo
rebel

Post#6 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:37 am

Hehe. Well, I rarely go online with XBox Live now. I'm more of a personal player and am not much of a fan of FPS's. I just can't survive more than a few seconds when these kids pot shot me as soon as I respawn. I also don't think I have any games that play online right now as it is.

So I'll have to think about that Dreampi thing. I haven't heard of it until now anyway. Can anybody tell me about it? Does the DC even have wifi capabilities?

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#7 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:55 am

Blarneo wrote:Hehe. Well, I rarely go online with XBox Live now. I'm more of a personal player and am not much of a fan of FPS's. I just can't survive more than a few seconds when these kids pot shot me as soon as I respawn. I also don't think I have any games that play online right now as it is.

So I'll have to think about that Dreampi thing. I haven't heard of it until now anyway. Can anybody tell me about it? Does the DC even have wifi capabilities?

The dream pi replaces the dc broadband adaptor. Its much cheaper. Im not an online guy either.

See list. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... brew_games

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Raspberry Pi 3s have wi-fi . You run that with a micro-SD with the DreamPi image written on it , plug a USB fax modem , solder up a USB-powered line voltage inducer plug that into fax modem finally run the dial-up cable that to Dreamcast

er commission TacT for one of those LVIs built-into the fax modem =} His thread be somewhere here

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: RE: Re: So I pulled this old thing out of the closet...

Post#9 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Blarneo wrote:Hehe. Well, I rarely go online with XBox Live now. I'm more of a personal player and am not much of a fan of FPS's. I just can't survive more than a few seconds when these kids pot shot me as soon as I respawn. I also don't think I have any games that play online right now as it is.

Only one current online DC game is a FPS. The rest are mainly fun arcade style games. Chu chu rocket and Alien front online are great games to chill out and just have fun online.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk