Hello ^_^

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Maliki
lithium

Hello ^_^

Post#1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:42 pm

If you couldn't guess, I'm new to the forums.

Was reading through a bunch of the recent introductions, popping into the chat to say hello a few times and thought why not introduce myself too!

Been reading so much on here both recent and from the past these past few days. Every time I hit my bed (takes me a bit to fall asleep) I would spend some reading time till I fall asleep. So much good stuff. Great vibe too!

So, the Dreamcast...

First time I saw the Dreamcast was going to my bestfriends house. I hadn't seen her in like 3 days and she wouldn't pick up the phone, so naturally I decided to go pounding on the door to get some information out of her parents haha. She was there, and had the Dreamcast.

I'll never forget the setup (coolest setup ever to me). Down in the basement, windows covered in curtans, pitch black down there. On one side of the basement partitioned off by a massive wall of spare blankets was a couch, a TV stand and the Dreamcast next to it. Bunch of games stacked up with VMU's laying around. I was just like nooo way. She was playing Phantasty Star Online and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Had the fishing reel controller too. That setup was so ill...

The system had been out for a while, PS2 was out at the time which is what I had. So we ended up being on the DC for days on end. I really loved the thing but never got one because she had that, I had the PS2 and we were pretty much set. But ever since I've always wanted one.

Flash forward to today, a friend and I were talking about Neo Geo stuff (Wanted an AES for like 20 years now) and in the conversation he says, "You know what, I know how much this means to you, I know the price on these and I know you aren't about to go throwing money around like that.. Tell you what. It's yours. It's just sitting in a box."

Rather then just take it I would rather make a trade so I asked what he wanted. During that he mentions having a DC (Cause I was talking about a Hello Kitty DC...) and a boat load of games boxed up in the house, couple controllers, padded carrying case, VMU and fishing reel controller. Pretty much said "it's yours".

He lives pretty far from me, so it's all being shipped. Bit of a heavy shipment for both systems and all the stuff coming with them, so I don't have them yet. I've been rocking NullDC for quite a while now, but it'll be cool to have a DC here in person.

I have some pretty fond memories of the thing, and how much fun we had with the thing. Hence just having to share all that back story
:D
Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3

MrBlueSky
fire

Re: Hello ^_^

Post#2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:15 pm

My turn to say hello Maliki ! :lol:

If I understand you well, you have a friend who is ready to give you one Neo Geo AES and one Dreamcast for free :shock:
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi Maliki!!!

Great history behind that Hello Kitty DC, nice to revive that years and see what a system can means for someone.
Welcome and enjoy the last Jewel of Sega! :-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Wow, so your friend put the DC bug in you? Same story with me in the sense that my daughter, Radkin started playing, then later became a co-moderator here for a few years at DC-Talk. During that time, I bought myself a Dreamcast, and I'm still here. I thought I'd never like another console since the Intellivision (a great console that had support from 1979 through 1992)!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Maliki
lithium

Post#5 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:33 pm

MrBlueSky wrote:My turn to say hello Maliki ! :lol:

If I understand you well, you have a friend who is ready to give you one Neo Geo AES and one Dreamcast for free :shock:

Yeah it's because he doesn't use them and knows how much I would. I've done this with so many things for others. Handing things down, it carrys on the legacy which is kinda cool to think about :) So I don't really look at it like getting things for free, but more of a gift from a good friend. Then some day who knows, 30 years from now there could be some girl who is in love with those old things and they are all in museums, well it'll be hers the same way ^_^ (or his lol)

Jako wrote:Hi Maliki!!!

Great history behind that Hello Kitty DC, nice to revive that years and see what a system can means for someone.

Yeah! I never knew he even had a Dreamcast ever! Is that crazy or what?

Bob Dobbs wrote:Wow, so your friend put the DC bug in you? Same story with me in the sense that my daughter, Radkin started playing, then later became a co-moderator here for a few years at DC-Talk. During that time, I bought myself a Dreamcast, and I'm still here. I thought I'd never like another console since the Intellivision (a great console that had support from 1979 through 1992)!

Awwww oh my days! That's brilliant :0 I know I've seen her name on here in the chat hehe! I love stuff like this.. So the big two systems for you is Intellivison and Dreamcast? :D

Yeah the thing was super cool, and still is! And it'll be so much new stuff for me having one of my own. I know it'll be a lot of fun ^_^ you guys always have a blast in chat, looking forward to playing!

I hope you guys don't mind super long posts.. I swear when I post useful things to add to discussions I'm straight to the point!
:lol:

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#6 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:08 pm

That's a great story.

Dreamcast stories are always poetic.

I personally fell in love with it when I saw NBA 2K. I had a ps1 at the time, with NBA Live 2000. I thought it was the best thing ever until I saw NBA 2K and realized that my life was a lie.

The level of detail in both gameplay and presentation was just unprecedented. Needless to say, it rendered any iteration of NBA Live completely and utterly useless. I had the PC version of Live 98 and it even made that look like flaming garbage. I remember going home and changing the camera on NBA Live to the rear player view and squinting my eyes pretending it was 2K.

And then I finally was able to get a Dreamcast and the rest was history.

Maliki
lithium

Post#7 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Jako wrote:Hi Maliki!!!

Hiiiii! :D

I was thinking it would be cool to put a Dreamcast in a Sega NU, Chihiro or RingEdge2 chassis...
:lol:

GameOverYeah wrote:That's a great story.

Dreamcast stories are always poetic.

I personally fell in love with it when I saw NBA 2K. I had a ps1 at the time, with NBA Live 2000. I thought it was the best thing ever until I saw NBA 2K and realized that my life was a lie.

The level of detail in both gameplay and presentation was just unprecedented. Needless to say, it rendered any iteration of NBA Live completely and utterly useless. I had the PC version of Live 98 and it even made that look like flaming garbage. I remember going home and changing the camera on NBA Live to the rear player view and squinting my eyes pretending it was 2K.

And then I finally was able to get a Dreamcast and the rest was history.

Yeah they are! That's awesome x'D Defiantly done something like that with a game before

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#8 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi again!!! Hehehe, i like to paint and custom dreamcast :D
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Return to “New Member Introduction”