New-ish!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: New-ish!

Post#11 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Smokey wrote:Does the Pi need AC power? because I have too many systems hooked up atm and don't have any power outlets left in my surge protector, so if the Pi needs AC power, that could be an issue.......

It's powered by USB. Normally a USB wall adapter (used by most smartphones) but USB ports on some devices may provide enough power. The power light on the Pi will blink if it's not getting enough power so you'll know if the source is sufficient or not.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Smokey
lithium

Post#12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:10 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Smokey wrote:Does the Pi need AC power? because I have too many systems hooked up atm and don't have any power outlets left in my surge protector, so if the Pi needs AC power, that could be an issue.......

It's powered by USB. Normally a USB wall adapter (used by most smartphones) but USB ports on some devices may provide enough power. The power light on the Pi will blink if it's not getting enough power so you'll know if the source is sufficient or not.

Oh great! I have a USB hub on my xbox one and I use the HDMI-in port to actually power my Dreamcast's picture (the upscaler is plugged into this port) so my xbox one needs to be on in order for me to play my Dreamcast, so I'm sure I can plug the USB into the hub and it should provide enough power :D

Once I get enough cash sorted I'll contact you for one of the Raspberry pi 3 kits. :)

Is there any configuring needed on the Pi itself? Just my wifi info? how is this done? I use a laptop and don't have a USB keyboard laying around as far as I'm aware, is there any way to do this via a laptop?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Smokey wrote:Is there any configuring needed on the Pi itself? Just my wifi info? how is this done? I use a laptop and don't have a USB keyboard laying around as far as I'm aware, is there any way to do this via a laptop?

The easiest way is with a USB keyboard but you can do it remotely from a PC (via PuTTY). You'll just need to hook the Pi up directly to your router for the initial configuration. Theoretically I could do it for you as well but I don't know if you'd feel comfortable giving out your Wi-Fi details. Not that there's much of a chance of someone traveling to your house just so they can mooch off your Wi-Fi. :lol:
PSO Characters:

Smokey
lithium

Post#14 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:08 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Smokey wrote:Is there any configuring needed on the Pi itself? Just my wifi info? how is this done? I use a laptop and don't have a USB keyboard laying around as far as I'm aware, is there any way to do this via a laptop?

The easiest way is with a USB keyboard but you can do it remotely from a PC (via PuTTY). You'll just need to hook the Pi up directly to your router for the initial configuration. Theoretically I could do it for you as well but I don't know if you'd feel comfortable giving out your Wi-Fi details. Not that there's much of a chance of someone traveling to your house just so they can mooch off your Wi-Fi. :lol:

Ahh okay np! I can probably get a cheap USB keyboard. :) I'd just need instructions on how to do it and can probably do it myself. Just out of curiosity, where are you located?? :)

And i'm assuming if I purchase this from you, you accept paypal as payment? :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#15 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Smokey wrote:Ahh okay np! I can probably get a cheap USB keyboard. :) I'd just need instructions on how to do it and can probably do it myself.

I always include Wi-Fi configuration instructions in the box. :)

Smokey wrote:Just out of curiosity, where are you located?? :)

Earth. US. :P

Smokey wrote:And i'm assuming if I purchase this from you, you accept paypal as payment? :)

Yup.
PSO Characters:

Smokey
lithium

Post#16 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:52 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Smokey wrote:Ahh okay np! I can probably get a cheap USB keyboard. :) I'd just need instructions on how to do it and can probably do it myself.

I always include Wi-Fi configuration instructions in the box. :)

Smokey wrote:Just out of curiosity, where are you located?? :)

Earth. US. :P

Smokey wrote:And i'm assuming if I purchase this from you, you accept paypal as payment? :)

Yup.

Gotcha :D Might have a sale in a few weeks then when I get my paycheck. :) Really wanna get on PSO on the dreamcast as I've never had my DC hooked up online before so this is a pretty new & exciting experience for me :D

I know, that's sad coming from someone who actually runs a PSO Blue Burst server :P Never had my DC hooked up to the net :( I always had to go to a friend's house who had the broadband adapter with my copy of the game and my VMU to play :P

Return to “New Member Introduction”