Competition #19 - MSR (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #19 - Metropolis Street Racer

Post by pcwzrd13 »

rjay63 wrote:Quite a few plays tonight. A sub 32 is *technically* possible for me but as there's no room for error, I'll be playing forever to get it :lol:
:lol: I'm rooting for ya rjay! I know I'm not even gonna get close to that!
rjay63 wrote: Speaking of which, it seems the fastest car for this track is..........the LAWNMOWER! Managed a sub 29 second time with it; things got the acceleration of an F1 car!
Haha! That's one souped up lawnmower! How do you unlock that by the way? Would a completed game save have it?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ChrisHa2049
photon blast

Post by ChrisHa2049 »

The video might help, rjay. Haven't had a chance to play last couple days. But I always felt I wasn't doing the hairpin very well. Your technique there looks better. So we'll see.

And thanks, pcwzrd, for the "kudos"... ( :oops: )
Also, you're exactly right about how this game is addicting. It's precisely that "one more lap" mentality that gets me every time. :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Only .007 seconds off from the second achievement! :cry:

PSO Characters:

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post by rjay63 »

pcwzrd13:

The lawnmower should be contained in any save file that has all cars unlocked. Its handling is extremely twitchy so I recommend laying off the gas. Don't even bother with racing lines - just keeping it on the road is challenging enough.

Have to say its rather deflating when you spend so much time learning a car and course so you can obtain record times.....and then along comes a lawnmower and gets the top spot with ease! :lol:
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

rjay63 wrote: The lawnmower should be contained in any save file that has all cars unlocked.
Nice! I'm gonna have to try that out.
rjay63 wrote: Have to say its rather deflating when you spend so much time learning a car and course so you can obtain record times.....and then along comes a lawnmower and gets the top spot with ease! :lol:
:lol: They had quite the sense of humor to make the lawnmower the fastest vehicle in the game!
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

I shaved another second off my time. So if I keep improving by a second a day I should be able to get a time of 29 seconds or less by the end of the competition ;) .

PSO Characters:

ChrisHa2049
photon blast

Post by ChrisHa2049 »

Nice improvement there, wzrd.

Had some frustrating sessions, but last night was better.
No change. Just closed the gap a little... 32.593

I thought before that I my biggest problem was the hairpin... But now I'm thinking it's really the left-right bit before the hairpin. I can't do it without downshifting to 2nd. :(

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Well, it looks like 34.173 is going to be my final time. I can't seem to do any better than that. I might give it one more try before the competition ends but we'll see. I'm quite happy with my improvement anyway.
PSO Characters:

ChrisHa2049
photon blast

Post by ChrisHa2049 »

Well hell. Not sure if I'll be able to give it another go...So in that case, I want the record to show that I came this->|| close to beating you, rjay! :lol: 32.216

That left-right bit around the 1st checkpoint is again my downfall. I did manage to get it right in a couple subsequent attempts, pulling significantly ahead of this 32.2 ghost, only to mess up later in the lap. :roll: So I'm certain sub 32 is doable. If only we could fuse our ghosts... :P

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Looks like it's gonna be a photo finish folks! :shock:
PSO Characters: