Toy Racer Server info

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO: anything with mayu in its name = me

Re: Toy Racer Server info

Post by mazonemayu »

^ this is sorta what I'm afraid of, if I change it, will I still be able to play PSO? Or do you need to change the settings every time you want to pay another game?
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

pcwzrd13 has a video on setting up the DC via XDP (see below). You do not change the settings on the DC with XDP for Toy Racer. What you enter is your home network IP, subnet mask, gateway and the DNS server info. To do this, if you are running windows, go to "run", then type "cmd" to get your command prompt. At this point, type"ipconfig /all". This will list all the info you will need to set up your DC with XDP. Remember, set up the "BBA" settings only. To note, it did not affect my online game play with other games as I tested it will all three BBA games.

At this point, connect to the internet with Toy Racer (BBA only for now). From there, it will ask you to enter an IP addy. Enter 200. 165.140.20, then the next question is TCP, in which you would enter 2048. The server will appear but it may take a few seconds for the "100%" to appear.

pcwzrd13's guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWW_mX ... BEyx0WzImj

Thanks go to Igor Isaias Banlian for introducing us to the server and pcwzrd13 for his videos of Toy Racer and BBA config.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs
everynewday84
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3

Post by everynewday84 »

You won't need xdp to configure this game.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Yeah, what they said. ^ I didn't have to change my BBA configuration at all to play this game. I was already set up with static settings including the default DNS. Since Toy Racer asks you for a server IP address when connecting, there's no need to have a special DNS server.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Yeah, what they said. ^ I didn't have to change my BBA configuration at all to play this game. I was already set up with static settings including the default DNS. Since Toy Racer asks you for a server IP address when connecting, there's no need to have a special DNS server. All the broadband adapter games should work fine with the same config.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live
VasiliyRS
Uber
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Areana
Phantasy Star Online v2

Post by VasiliyRS »

ch0pzta, You dont need XDP neither for PSO and nor for Toy Racer if you use BBA.
Run the game click network in main menu and it will connect then it will ask for an ip, a port and a nickname, enter all that and you will see server window.

P.S. i missed second page so i didnt see other guys already wrote exact same information.
petter3k
Developer

Post by petter3k »

Some people (me included) can have some problems with DHCP with this game, and for those people they should try to set up static ip with XDP with bba, and get stuck at dialing.
http://www.dcserv.org - NOT up to date.
Will be online for educational purposes, for now.
ch0pzta
GD-ROM

Post by ch0pzta »

I get stuck at dialing still.

My BBA is set up according to pcwizards video and ive never had a problem, but Toy Racer will not connect.

If i dont have the Sylverant IP as my DNS, I cannot connect to Sylverant, I've tested it both ways and it's been proven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current online Dreamcast games:
Quake 3 Arena - -ch0pzta>
Phantasy Star Online (Version 2) - ch0pzta - HUmar - YELLOWBOZE Lv60-odd
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

Unfortunately, if pcwzrd13 recalls our chat, I could not connect until he (pcwrd13) gave me the video link to set up my BBA although all Q3, PSO & XDP could connect, Toy Racer did not. It was still a problem until I opened port 2048 on my router. Then I finally connected. I see most others do not have problems, however.

Where I am at with my cable service provider, it seems I am always fighting all things Dreamcast to connect. I one of the only people who can connect to all things dial-up but once connected to 4x4 Evo, it will not allow me to join although I am connected (Comcast ip error). To sum it up, not all providers in any area are equal.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs
Aleron Ives
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online Ver.2

Post by Aleron Ives »

ch0pzta wrote:If i dont have the Sylverant IP as my DNS, I cannot connect to Sylverant, I've tested it both ways and it's been proven.
If you're trying to connect without any loaders, then that would make sense, as a normal DNS server isn't going to redirect PSO for you. You'd have to use BlueCrab's loader if you changed DNS 1 to a server provided by your ISP, and if you used the address of a Toy Racer server, it's unlikely that the host is forwarding PSO domain names, in which case PSO would never connect until you changed DNS 1 again.
"Fear the HUnewearl."