Shenmue 3? Will it happen?

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: Shenmue 3? Will it happen?

Post by Wombat »

For just announcing a HD remaster the presence of Yu Suzuki would be a bit of an overkill, so my money is on the revealing of Shenmue III.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

Maybe that forklift is to off-load our last hope of seeing a Shenmue III. Just kidding!

Actually, I do not know what to think of that pic posted by Yu. I will say that every time I see a loading area, I feel like it's a dark evil thing like on the new Netflix show, Daredevil. People die out there!
Last edited by Bob Dobbs on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Planet Ring
Quake III Arena
Phantasy Star Online ver. 2
Maximum Pool
4x4 Evolution

Post by Impulse »

Finally here we are: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Announced at Sony's E3 Press Conference by Yu Suzuki Himself.

"Shenmue 3 is the true sequel to the classic open world action RPG games, Shenmue and Shenmue 2. Created for modern platforms (PC and PlayStation 4) and built in Unreal 4, Shenmue 3 will continue the legacy of Shenmue."

Digital copy only $29, physical copy for PC only $60!

-Impulse

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

HOOOOLLLLYYY CRAAAAP! Can't believe it's finally happening! Backing the heck out of this! :D :D :D
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Aleron Ives
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online Ver.2

Post by Aleron Ives »

I'm tempted to select the $250 option, because it includes the soundtrack CD. Considering how rare game soundtracks tend to be, I doubt it will be produced separately, in which case the donation option may be the only way to get it (aside from paying 10x more on eBay ten years from now).
"Fear the HUnewearl."

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

I backed it at the $60 level for now. They give you a month to change your pledge so there's time to upgrade if you so desire.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Cornerb0y
stalker
Dreamcast Games you play Online: AFO/Chu Chu Rocket/Daytona/F355/Ooga Booga/Worms

Post by Cornerb0y »

So I was on my lunch break watching the conference. Totally forgot the stuff Yu had posted, didn't think anything of it. Break was almost over. I kept holding off, kept telling myself just one more game....come on I don't care about Assassin's Creed, whoa those Devolver games look sweet. Then it happens. I heard that volin string hit, I saw the leafs, and I started crying in the parking lot of a Wendy's. I saw the title, omg I was floored. LETS DO IT GUYS!

BnGamesReviews
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO

Post by BnGamesReviews »

$120 backed here, might do the $160

Dingo
dark night

Post by Dingo »

The real question is... "Will it happen on Dreamcast?"

All you jerks who are backers should start spamming the comments for a Dreamcast release!

PS4 fanboys demanding a PS4 physical copy? Let's go full-on DC fan-boy(girl) and demand a DC physical copy!

(I know this won't happen... but it's funny as hell!
...and we should all consider it our duty to promote DC development at all costs.)