Just bought psp1001

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dukenukem
rebel

Just bought psp1001

Post#1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Just bought one which also comes with dracula x.Gonna be fun to also have it playing emulators:).

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Just bought psp1001

Post#2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Dude, you are gonna love it. Emulators like the GBA run FULL SPEED! I just got the Camo MGS Peace Walker "Big Boss" edition PSP 3001 and it is the first PSP I have had out of the 5 I have ever owned in total to ever play emulators, homebrew games/apps, and Iso's! I am so happy now about my PSP.

Here is what mine looks like.

Comes with:

Code: Select all

• Camouflage PSP-3000 system
• MGS: Peace Walker game on UMD
• Voucher for in-game content unlockable early on in the game
• PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher -- title to be announced
• 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo
• Premium carrying case

dukenukem
rebel

Post#3 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 am

Was it easy for you to get the emulators running on it?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 am

Sure after you do the demo exploit it plays every emulator so far I have thrown at it. This shit is tight man, cant wait till I get my 32GB SD card in the mail, it's gonna be so sick.

This is the video I followed, and it works like a charm. So easy to hack without a pandoras battery or anything lmao.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhBXma8l1o8[/youtube]

Only thing is I don't have a custom firmware at all, so I guess I can't do some things the other fully modded PSP's can, but so far it plays 90% of the iso's I thow at it, so it is better than I have ever had it before a week ago when some guy answerd my thread about my PSP and basicaly opened up my eyes and showed me this exploit has been out for some time now.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1962

Edit: Also, this is the best site I have found for PSP Homebrew and games fast direct link downloads with many mirrors.

http://www.pspisoz.com/

Do you know of any really great homebrew and emulators I could download for it? Also if you have some sites for me to check out, post them here too.

I really want all the old FPS pc games I have on my Dreamcast on it too. I already have Doom, and some Duke Nukem engine Zombie shooting game.

I just can't find my favorite FPS game of all time on it, the Duke Nukem 3D PC port.

dukenukem
rebel

Post#5 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Got the psp in the mail today and downloaded the hbl 3.2 updater which was the easy installer version.I follow there directions on what to do with it but it always fails to copy any files to the memory card.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 am

Odd? How big is you SD card?

dukenukem
rebel

Post#7 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 am

It's a 2gig card.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:52 pm

It should still copy info to the card though. I've never heard of this problem before. You might need to speak with someone on a PSP board for better help. My 32GB SDHC card should come tomorrow. Just wish I could run PS1 emulators on it, or I would get a full NTSC iso pack. 32GB shoud be plenty 'o space for such a job.

If you find out what to do to play PS1 games, let me know. I hope a custom firmare is not needed, as mine can not install CFW, but can run emulators with Half Byte Loader on my "Unhackable" PSP 3001. When I do the demo save exploit and load HBL, it reboots the system and then it alters my oficial firmware 6.31 to 6.31PRO.

After that, I just can't let the system turn off fully, but can put it into sleep mode indefinately. If I find any kool PSP apps, and homebrew, I'll be sure to let you know too.

Best of luck though.

dukenukem
rebel

Post#9 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Updated my psp to 6.20 then downloaded and installed tn6.20c and now i can load any homebrew without having to use exploits:).Custom firmware is needed to play isos on the psp so if your psp can't use any custom firmware you are unable to use isos.

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#10 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:09 pm

I know that your going to be playing lbs fast star portable 2
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482