Anyone play psp on xlink/xbc?

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Anyone play psp on xlink/xbc?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 pm

I just bought a psp 3000 ! I put a custom firmware on it though so I don't think I can play online. Though i was reading something about psnlover. I'm looking for games to get. Anyway if anyone wants to play some burnout legends let me know, I can game share with you over xbc or whatever. This game brings back memories of burnout3. Just gotta get my multiplayer fix now lol
Regards,
brourke228

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Anyone play psp on xlink/xbc?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 am

That sounds bad ass. I might just play some with you. I saw the proggy on a site last night.

I can dl the game too, man the PSP is so fucking awesome, has the same controlls for FPS games like a DC, and just generaly kicks nintendos ass when it comes to hardcore gaming.

I have been able to utilize so many homebrew apps for the PSP it isn't funny. If you can find a great neo geo emulator, and set me up with some roms I would be so happy.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#3 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:52 am

Well I'm completely new to the psp homebrew scene, but it looks like theres quite a lot you can do with it. Hence the reason i purchased & modded this one. I did own a psp a long time ago. I preordered it and got it on launch but there were no games or anything back then and it just sucked so i sold it on ebay. I'm glad i got it back now that its got all these games and apps though. I'm gonna need to find some emu's for this as well. I saw some youtube videos of n64 running at near full speed with some games. Should be interesting to try out. So yeah anyway, maybe friday or saturday we can play a game. I'm really interested as to how well the ad-hoc games play online, as there are quite a few of them that i'm really interested in playing.
Regards,
brourke228

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Ya, I know what you mean. This is PSP #5 for me, and PSP #1 that I have ever gotten modded. Always upgraded my firmware and should have just stayed still till a new exploit was found.

Anyway, what firmware are you, and if you need to a downgrader was just released 2 days ago for 6.31-6.35 firmwares. I downgraded mine and am enjoying more homebrews than ever.

Also, it is nice to take advantage of the 64mb of ram in the 3000's as opposed to the 32mb 1000's. Imagine if the DC had 4 times the memory is does now lol, emulators galore...

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#5 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm using firmware 5.03. I made sure to do my research before buying this lol. I read that 5.03 is the most compatible with homebrew and games, but I don't know if thats the case anymore. I bought it with firmware 4.21 on it. Then I upgraded the firmware and used chickhen r2 and then installed cfw 5.03 Gen-C. Its annoying though that once the battery runs out of life or when its removed you lose the firmware and have to exploit it again. I didn't realize that before I bought it. Though I suppose its not too bad since it prevents the psp from being damaged permanently.

Overall though it works great. The main reason i went with the psp3000 was because i wanted be able to use the composite/svideo cable while playing games without the use of any extra homebrew software. I plan on streaming some psp gameplay once my s-video cable comes in. The screen is really nice on this version as well.

The only issue I have is that the analog stick doesn't seem to work properly. It seems to just go off on its own in one direction sometimes while im playing. I prefer using the D-pad anyway, but the analog stick is necessary for some things. So most-likely I will have to replace it. I'm trying to find where I can order one from though. Its a silver psp, the one from the ratchet and clank bundle. So it doesn't have the black analog nub. However I think, but i'm not positive, that you can simply remove the top part of the nub that you interact with and interchange it with a different control piece. In any case, I'm gonna probably take it apart first and see if its anything obvious that I can just fix myself.
Regards,
brourke228

lazyhoboguy
fire

Post#6 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:52 pm

I plan to one day buy a psp and play it over LAN tunneling programs. I almost bought one this winter, but ended up with a DS lite instead.
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#7 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:44 pm

My name is FlawlessApe on both xlink and xbc btw. So if anyone else wants to play some psp online let me know.
Regards,
brourke228