Shennmue 3-PS4

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Iron Dreamcast
rebel

Shennmue 3-PS4

Post#1 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:37 am

Are you happy about Shennmue 3 being PS4 exclusive or are you dissapointed about it not being on Dreamcast?
Let me know with a comment.

This is just me, but I'm dissapointed. It should've been on DC to lay the foundation for what it can be if that makes sense, and also be there with the other two.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: Shennmue 3-PS4

Post#2 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:55 am

Financially it would make zero sense for anybody to make it for the DC. SEGA probably wouldn't have allowed Yu Suzuki to do that, even if he wanted to. Not to mention that he probably couldn't find staff that could use the DC hardware properly in this day and age, even if he would have access to original dev equipment, which is also unlikely. And then there's the fact that GD-roms cannot be manufactured anymore since the technology has been scrapped.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#3 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:01 am

As much as I love shenmue, I won't be buying a ps4 justto play one game...
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#4 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:02 am

It would have been neat if Shenmue III was produced for Dreamcast too. One issue would be, that with todays graphics and complex designes the game would have been 20 disks long to play. :p

As for me, I plan on getting it for PC and using my Dreamcast controller to play it. This is my tribute to Dreamcast and Shenmue legacy.

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:04 am

Its coming out on pc too :)

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#6 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:44 am

Yea, on the backers website it says they will give an you an option on which version you want. I will go PC

https://shenmue.link/order/?en

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#7 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:25 pm

I pre-order the PS4 version and I m waiting to play it. ^^

About Shenmue 3 on Dreamcast its about 50-50 to happen or not. My opinion is, first its need to make someone a serious petition site who can get at least 500,000 signatures. Second the Dreamcast need updated dev tools and better from old SDK Katana and proper programmers and designers who can make a miracles to this old console. Next we go to media storage GD-Rom as we know its not supported anymore from Sega. If i say if Sega given the right to release again the GD-ROM format, I think this need to be updated also with more storage or make a GD-ROM DL who can handle 2 GB each disc.

Other imagination idea : I don't know if Shenmue 3 later have any DLC but if a Dreamcast version released that will be amazing if see an adapter like BBA included wifi with micro sd storage for DLC.

If all Dreamcast community really wants to see a Shenmue 3 on Dreamcast must get serious action.

Thats all ^^

BloodBrother
core

Post#8 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:46 pm

I've been with Microsoft (for better or worse) since the midnight launch of the Xbox, I would be extremely disappointed if it didnt come out for the One. As for Shenmue 3 coming out on the Dreamcast, we can wish right?
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

natelegz
minority

Post#9 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Come on on you have to be realistic do you think There going to make a new game on a piece of hardware that was discontinued more than a decade ago

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#10 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:26 am

As cool as it would be, I don't think Shenmue 3 would be worthwhile on the DC. Yes the series was born (and, other than Shenmue II on the Xbox, STILL HASN'T BEEN RELEASED ON ANYTHING ELSE (come the heck on Sega)) on the DC, but that was 15 years ago. Plus the massive disparity in power between the PS4/PC and the Dreamcast would mean that the game wouldn't be anywhere near as good on Sega's hardware.

But seriously, where are the HD remasters?

Return to “New Games”