Intrepid Izzy

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

BloodBrother
core

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#51 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 pm

My gf and I just watched the vid, looks great! I have her blessing to get it now lol :D
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#52 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:26 am

This is looking great! Keep up the good work and be sure to continue keeping us informed on its progress! :D

Roel
Developer

Post#53 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:30 am

@BloodBrother: congratulations! :D

@Green Ranger: Of course, will do!

mstar
Doom

Post#54 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:00 pm

This indeed looks absolutely gorgeous :D

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#55 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:29 pm

So today I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Senile Team's HQ and get a taste of Intrepid Izzy! This is looking to be a very promising and polished title, Senile Team will once again raise the standard for Dreamcast indies. Even though I played an early build, it already plays and looks really good.

So guys, get on board on the hype train, it's worth it ^_^

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#56 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:46 am

Wombat wrote:So guys, get on board on the hype train, it's worth it ^_^

Not related to the game itself, but I always wanted to say this:

I always despised this 'hype' thing in general but especially in video games. Looking at the definition of the word, now I know why:
'promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its benefits' or 'promotion, especially promotion consisting of exaggerated claims'.

So 'hype' is pretty much based on deceiving people, using tactics to show their games to be better than they actually are with tactics like bullshots, awesome looking gameplay demos that are way better looking than the final product will be, promising features (maybe even as key selling points) that are later cut out completely. (No Man's Sky, anyone?)

Why am I bringing this up? Because I'd like to think there is no 'hype' used when it comes to indie projects, or in this case Dreamcast indie projects. I'd like to think they are not trying to fool us by showing and promising things they can't actually deliver. I'd like to think what they are showing and promising us is real and genuine.

So if it was up to me, I'd stop using 'hype' regarding indie stuff, because hype is this artifical thing based on pretty much lies. Whatever happened to the word 'excited'? Excited to me sounds a lot more genuine. Excited about something based on what it actually is or will be, not on what it maybe could be.

So I hope they are building genuine excitement with this game, not artifical hype.

Roel
Developer

Post#57 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:26 am

You're right Tarnish, the word "hype" does have a negative meaning, although of course Wombat didn't mean it that way. ;)

Roel
Developer

Post#58 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 am

Hi again!

I'm still working on Intrepid Izzy every single day, and it's progressing very well. I'd like to share some gifs with you of my latest efforts:

Combo

Relocate your enemies

Smash them into the ceiling for more damage

Ninja power

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#59 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:16 am

Impressive man!!! :D Your Ouzo is coming! :P

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind