Why should I go with the Dreamcast?

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Re: Why should I go with the Dreamcast?

Post by mistamontiel »

Xbox has no online @ all , the proprietary Live service massive roadblock

So all it has is theoretical virtual LAN nonsense o.0 Still want one
phlux
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena
Unreal Tournament

Post by phlux »

The Dreamcast attempted to bring proper online multiplayer gaming, to the mass market. Like console onlone gaming is today. But it was an idea ahead of its time, but not my much (broadband wasn't a thing!). I played many hours online, on Dreamcast, playing Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, and yeah, at that time, my parents kicked my butt over the phone bill!! There was noticeable lag, but I tell you, the games were still very playable.

The VMUs were great, still are now I have one again! MINI GAMES!! I know the flaws of them, specifically battery life. Today I've done, not much, other than collect the right animals for my Chao in Sonic Adventure!! Nostalgia-mania!!

Obviously, I'm biased towards Dreamcast. It's the only console that I remember fondly. Linking 2 VMUs with a friend, to trade or play mini games, then plug them in back home to reap the benefits in DC game, I did that and it was great.

Make up your own mind, of course. This is all entirely subjective. What console sparks good memories for you? Dreamcast emulation seems to be going strong AFAIK. I have Demul on PC, and it works very well. I can even transfer VMU mini games to an Android phone and play them via an emulator.
HuntrRose
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Maximum Pool
PSO
Alien Front Online
Q3A
WSB 2K2
POD
Ooga Booga
4x4 Evo
ChuChu Rocket
NBA 2K1
NFL 2K1

Post by HuntrRose »

i wonder what the OP ended up doing...
Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None.

Post by Wrath of Khan »

And we still get new games released for the Dreamcast but none for the original Xbox I think.