Pulled the HDD from my Dev. Box.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
runkthepunk
Doom

Re: Pulled the HDD from my Dev. Box.

Post#131 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 am

wow that is seriously a great birthday gift :D

Its going to be interesting to see what will come of this hopefully all these people who have 'the skills' to make this happen (in about 15 mins according to some) finally get the chance to put up or shut up

A sincere thanks to games_player_s I honestly think this is one of the most generous 'freebies' I have seen in unreleased gaming circles

I am going to hold off playing System Shock 2 on the PC and wait for possible DC goodness!

Thanks

Rob

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#132 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 am

I was messing arround with Bootdreams, and I managed to make a CDI. On NullDC it loads with the USA Bios (I have to auto select), but then it craches on the "Produced by or Under License From" screen.

I used Eazyboot to burn it on cd-r . Hacking program says it has no protection (sounds good) but it resets after SEGA logo on real DC .
It was my first attempt ... i am thinking now what to do next .

Outrunner
fire

Post#133 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:47 am

Wich of the directories are you using? I'm trying one now where instead of using 0winceos.bin i'm using one of the 0.000 binaries to make the IP.BIN.
But I have no idea, of what I doing, it is all trial and error, mostly error.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#134 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 am

How can i forgot ? :oops: Big thanks to game_player_s for his work for all Dreamcast community ! We all appreciate your work !
Wich of the directories are you using?

SystemShock2\D1S2T5\C
I put files from subfolders into one folder that i called data and made it selfboot .

game_player_s
Graffiti Grind

Post#135 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 am

Hey guys, I have no idea what it means, but SystemShock 2 stuff is in three different folders; SystemShock2, SystemShock2GD, and test. If you browsed all three folders maybe you'll be able to make some sense out of it all.

BlueCrab, thou hast named the magic price. That's exactly what I paid for the dev kit in my possesion. What were the odss really? If you could extract and upload your files perhaps there are some more up to date files in the betas contained on your unit than mine had.

Oh, and by chance did you receive any discs with your unit?
Now There are no Limits -- SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

Outrunner
fire

Post#136 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 am

I'm gonna install WinCE DC SDK and see if I can pull anything together, I now have a CDI of 1,5 GB wich I'm sure won't run.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#137 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 am

game_player_s wrote:Hey guys, I have no idea what it means, but SystemShock 2 stuff is in three different folders; SystemShock2, SystemShock2GD, and test. If you browsed all three folders maybe you'll be able to make some sense out of it all.

BlueCrab, thou hast named the magic price. That's exactly what I paid for the dev kit in my possesion. What were the odss really? If you could extract and upload your files perhaps there are some more up to date files in the betas contained on your unit than mine had.

Oh, and by chance did you receive any discs with your unit?

I think the guy included a web browser disc. He also included a CD-R that was labeled System Shock 2, but it was so scratched that there was no way that I was reading any data off of it.

I'll see if I can manage to dump the thing tonight, but I can't guarantee anything.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#138 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:54 am

Edit:nvm i think i read wrong.

Outrunner
fire

Post#139 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 am

I feel dumb... -.- I installed Windows CE for Dreamcast SDK because I thought I could just use it on the PC without having an actual SDK... -.-

maverick
fire

Post#140 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:05 am

runkthepunk wrote:A sincere thanks to games_player_s I honestly think this is one of the most generous 'freebies' I have seen in unreleased gaming circles

Indeed, much thanks for your patience and efforts games_player_s.
Keep dreaming.

Return to “Lounge”