Best picture quality HD TV and saturn.

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Unrealdark
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None atm. gonna change tho when i get my hands on a BBA.

Best picture quality HD TV and saturn.

Post by Unrealdark »

What do you peeps think is the best way to connect this old system to a HD tv ?

Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Dreamcast Games you play Online: all of them

Re: Best picture quality HD TV and saturn.

Post by Gary_b »

standard AV cable. use a tv that has a video game channel on it for older consoles. Saturn just doesn't look good enough to try to use HD monitors. you also could try S-Video.

Unrealdark
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None atm. gonna change tho when i get my hands on a BBA.

Post by Unrealdark »

I think i fixed it as good as i can on a hd tv now.. mixed around with s-video and rgb cable and finally came up with some settings on the tv itself that works fine with the rgb.

Kinda sad i want an old big black sony tv but man those things are huge and it would make my living room look crazy with one of those + my 46 inch hd tv.

drunkn ghost
fire

Post by drunkn ghost »

I just recently got one of these and it is freaking awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Composite-S-video ... 494&sr=8-4

I use it with composite cables on my Genesis and s-video with the Saturn and I couldn't be happier with it. I only had open HDMI ports left on my TV and I was sick of switching around inputs whenever I wanted to play a different system.

My TV says the signal is 720p at 60Hz when I run it through the box. It doesn't really look much better but it is nice having all my systems hooked up at once.

If your T.V. does 4/3 ratio this box will still let you display it in that ratio even while upscaling so it isn't streched. Just from my research I guess that is a big deal with some of these converters but this is my first one so I don't have any first hand experience with that issue.