Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Padre
photon blast

Re: SLaVE

Post#142 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 am

I think this game is gonna' be great, no way I'm cancelling my pre-order! :)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#143 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:37 am

As someone that did preorder the LLE version, and I think I speak for most, we agree with holding back the game until it is right. It does no one any good, us or the devs, to have a game with issues.

Understandably, not every update can be a revelation. But something every few weeks, like just a reminder to the community that progress is still be made, I think would suffice. Some devs go months, and I think that's what frustrates people.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't, yeah, but something is better than nothing.

Goatdan
shadow

Post#144 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:20 am

dreamcast-news wrote:
Goatdan wrote:It will pay off down the line, I promise. If people don't want to wait, I also totally get that and we're happy to refund money.

:shock: :shock: When I see that, I think this :

:lol:

What? Like you, it's a joke.

Um, okay. You're the same guy that attempted trying to start a big thread about the release date on our Facebook page, and you were very angry when I told you that we update the people who have preorders first. For whatever reason, that was unacceptable to you.

I feel no shame over having a situation come up that we have communicated what we can to everyone. I feel no shame refunding money if anyone chooses not to wait.

I am sorry that this has somehow insulted you personally where you feel the need to edit graphics to post them to try to hurt us or the game.

We believe in the Dreamcast community, and we believe in releasing a quality product. If we didn't, we could have released many more games already. We're in it because we're fans. If that isn't good enough, Jay Townsend's SLaVE probably isn't a good game for you anyway.

Goatdan
shadow

Post#145 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:25 am

DCGX wrote:As someone that did preorder the LLE version, and I think I speak for most, we agree with holding back the game until it is right. It does no one any good, us or the devs, to have a game with issues.

Understandably, not every update can be a revelation. But something every few weeks, like just a reminder to the community that progress is still be made, I think would suffice. Some devs go months, and I think that's what frustrates people.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't, yeah, but something is better than nothing.

That's my theory, actually. The goal is to never go more than 90 days without some sort of update. I try to shoot for 45. I'd rather remind you what we are doing than just let it go. If that causes people to remember they don't yet have the game and ask for a refund, so be it.

Honestly, the GOAT Store has never made any money off our publishing model and the delay to SLaVE means we'll probably be in that situation again even with a sell out. We do it because we honestly believe in the system and games we're doing, and we're hoping people decide to pick up another item or two while they are at our site.

Padre
photon blast

Post#146 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:49 am

Just to chime in again, I think if there's ever a Slave 2.0 it would be amazing to see true Twin Stick implementation and 2 player system link (like Virtual On)... this game seems ideal for that kind of treatment!

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#147 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Really, i think the game'll be a good game.
But broken promises exasperate the DC / retro community. It's a scourge, a "shame". :evil:
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#148 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Please god, why are there so many morons out there? How long will it take before folks finally understand that the indie scene is not something like Sony or EA...there's not 50 guys working on a game and another 50 beta testing... There's usually just a handfull of guys who do everything afterhours coz they also have day jobs...it takes time and if you can't live with that simply do not support that scene...
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#149 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:57 pm

We are 100% agree with you !

But... but on the release date, why have lied from the first day ?

mazonemayu wrote:Please god,

erf :?
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

deluxx
noob

Post#150 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:36 pm

So excited for this gaME

Return to “New Games”