The Next Tetris Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

The Next Tetris Is Back Online!

Post#1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Jonas has done it again! I'm excited to announce that The Next Tetris: Online Edition is back online!

In addition, Starlancer is now running on his own server instead of the OnlineConsoles server. This is because Next Tetris uses essentially the same server software (GameSpy) with minor tweaks & differences. He's also made some improvements over the OC one to improve connectivity speed.

Note: User registration has yet to be implemented in the server so you'll need to use "pass" as the password when creating an account in the game. You can use any username or email you like. See the Dreamast Live Connection Guide for more information on how to connect.

http://www.dreamcastlive.net/blogs/post ... n-Revived/

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

aoeu204
noob

Re: The Next Tetris Is Back Online!

Post#2 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:11 pm

Great news, Did you guys test PBA Bowling 2001 with Jonas' gamespy emulation? it was almost working with OnlineConsoles gamespy emulation but couldnt get the lobbies to show up.
Last edited by aoeu204 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi

If someone have the PAL patch for the PBA..I would be able to check it.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:53 am

Shuouma you are the best!

Is there any chance of reverse engineering any of the Sega Sports titles like NFL 2k?

Thank you so much for your work!

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:54 am

Also didnt Unreal Tournament use Gamespy on dreamcast too?

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:32 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:Jonas has done it again! I'm excited to announce that The Next Tetris: Online Edition is back online!

In addition, Starlancer is now running on his own server instead of the OnlineConsoles server. This is because Next Tetris uses essentially the same server software (GameSpy) with minor tweaks & differences. He's also made some improvements over the OC one to improve connectivity speed.

Note: User registration has yet to be implemented in the server so you'll need to use "pass" as the password when creating an account in the game. You can use any username or email you like. See the Dreamast Live Connection Guide for more information on how to connect.

http://www.dreamcastlive.net/blogs/post ... n-Revived/

Tested it out tonight with Padre. Worked great :)

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#7 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:42 am

Thats great news! I m gonna try it! :D

jial
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:52 am

I'm very impressive :shock: :shock: :shock: , in few months Jonas has revived chu chu rocket, dreamarena, tetris and improve starlance. That's good news for all dreamcast users that people like him use their free time to bring us such surprises.

Shuouma, by my side, as allways congratulations for your hard working. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

One question

The server that you programmed for tetris, is used to host Starlancer or did you have to modify a little?

Thank you!!!

Indiket
Developer

Post#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:50 am

Exciting news guys!!! Another great game that finally gets the online "magical touch" :D

Shuouma: I have the PAL patch you are looking for PBA Bowling... just download the attached file, and good luck!! ;)
Attachments
Alx-pba.zip
(1018 Bytes) Downloaded 462 times

Shuouma
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:50 am

jial wrote:The server that you programmed for tetris, is used to host Starlancer or did you have to modify a little?

The games are using the gamespy suite, there are several servers on the Internet showing how to bypass the login phase. Most work was to understand why Tetris didn't work, the actual fix is very little code.
Starlancer and Tetris uses the same domains (gamespy.com) which pretty much forced me to get starlancer to work aswell on the server, otherwise people needed to manual change hostname to IP everytime they switched between starlancer and tetris.

Xiden wrote:Tested it out tonight with Padre. Worked great

Then you meet ShuBot I guess? :)

@Indiket - Awesome