The Next Tetris Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: The Next Tetris Is Back Online!

Post#31 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:I did try that now and press enter I think it pause for a sec then waited about 30secs and then it gave me an error

It sounds like a port forwarding issue. Make sure you set up either DMZ or port forwarding as described at the bottom of the DC Live Connection Guide.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#32 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:11 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:I did try that now and press enter I think it pause for a sec then waited about 30secs and then it gave me an error

It sounds like a port forwarding issue. Make sure you set up either DMZ or port forwarding as described at the bottom of the DC Live Connection Guide.

Thanks! I'll try this, this week or next

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#33 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:08 pm

So I was able to try this out last night and for some reason my computer wouldn't let me go to my router's configuration page. I think because I might have something on my computer blocking that website because it thinks its bad or something else but I couldn't go to it. I also put my DNS on PlanetWeb 2 to 46.101.91.123 just to make sure to be sure like that could maybe help it but it gave me the same proplem. So it looks like I would need to use port forwarding instead, how do I do that now? :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#34 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:So it looks like I would need to use port forwarding instead, how do I do that now? :)

Either way you'll have to be able to get to your router's configuration page. :(
PSO Characters:

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#35 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:10 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:So it looks like I would need to use port forwarding instead, how do I do that now? :)

Either way you'll have to be able to get to your router's configuration page. :(

Hmm? I'll have to try this out again, probably play with my settings. At least I can still play the other games ok :)

Xiden
Developer

Post#36 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:

Hmm? I'll have to try this out again, probably play with my settings. At least I can still play the other games ok :)

What brand is your router?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#37 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Hey guys so to show more what I mean is this is the screen I get now but there was another screen I go to before. This screen ask for the username and password and that should sound easy to do but I can't get it to work. How would I find the username and password for this if I can find them out. I already tried 2 usernames and passwords that I thought would work but no luck

image.jpeg

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#38 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:05 pm

What's the model of the router? I'm guessing it's an Xfinity modem/router combo judging by the "FINITY" I see in the picture. Try "admin" for the username and "password" for the password.
PSO Characters:

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#39 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:32 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:What's the model of the router? I'm guessing it's an Xfinity modem/router combo judging by the "FINITY" I see in the picture. Try "admin" for the username and "password" for the password.

Thanks a lot! Now I think I can change the IP Address now because I click on use static IP Address. This is were I want/change it to the DreamPi IP right

image.jpeg

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#40 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:Thanks a lot! Now I think I can change the IP Address now because I click on use static IP Address. This is were I want/change it to the DreamPi IP right

No no! Don't change that! :lol: That's the public IP address for your internet. That should be left on Dynamic. Just find a DMZ option somewhere in the settings and enter the Dreamcast's IP (should be 192.168.1.98).
PSO Characters: