Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: BBA Games

Re: Quake live

Post by Impulse »

I've been keeping tabs on quake live since it was announced and I also tried getting into the beta but wasn't accepted apparently. I'm surprised its not ready to play yet.
-Impulse

Kannibal
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III: Arena

Post by Kannibal »

damn, I heard about this in the beginning of the year....I thought it was one of those parody ads and I guess it wasn't! oh well, I need to get a new monitor for my old PC...stupid mac is so slow that it won't even run emulators without gltichy sounds...
"Dog in man's best friend, Cat is man's adorable little serial killer."

Kannibal
fragger

Post by Kannibal »

OMG.....I got a new VAIO from sony, runs on XP. I can't wait for this to come out...I registered for the beta, but said that I wasn't promised access...BTW, the best part is: no downloading(unless you don't have shockwave or something...lol)!!!!!!!!!!!

google robot rage...it's another fun 3d browser game, and http://maidmarian.com

Impulse
Admin

Post by Impulse »

Yeah I registered for the beta multiple times and was probably a bad idea. I never got picked, they probably have all the beta people they need.
-Impulse

Kannibal
fragger

Post by Kannibal »

oh well, the only thing to do no is wait for it to come out...I wonder if the DC exclusives will come out as well :mrgreen:

H0M3RC1D4L
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Well...I used to play UT and Q3A online, but that was many, many moons ago!

Post by H0M3RC1D4L »

I've heard about this for a while now...probably right after the code went open source. It's free, which sounds like it would be bad for id software, but it will probably have ads in the game to make up for the lack of any type of sales strategy. Very interesting, especially considering the high profile of the game in the PC community. Then again, it is 10 years old now...

Kannibal
fragger

Post by Kannibal »

STATUS CHECK: I am still trying to register so that I can get a glimpse of heaven...lol

Impulse
Admin

Post by Impulse »

Yesterday I finally got an e-mail inviting me for closed beta access.

I gave it a shot. Not bad, everything runs smooth. Textures are changed on maps. They have better lighting and looks metallic. Some things are dumbed down graphically but it still looks fine. When you look around it gives you the visor affect and kind of distorts things not in the middle of your screen. The gun models are a bit smaller too.

Apparently they had the beta going for a while but I guess it was whoever registered first thing. They claim to have sent out beta invites to everyone so I'll check and see if I can get you guys online ;)
-Impulse

Bryan Gallardo
Quad Damage
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3

Post by Bryan Gallardo »

i sat there for like five minutes reregistering my email adress one time. lol. that was probably a mistake tho.
Gallardo HUmar
CaL!4n1a RAcast