Atomiswave Conversions FAQ

arromdee
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None, I never got Phantasy Star

Re: Atomiswave Conversions FAQ

Post by arromdee »

Since Atomiswave games come from a cartridge and the DC uses a slower GD-ROM, can problems be prevented by setting the ODE to not reduce the speed to GD-ROM speed?

The Atomiswave download links post on Reddit says that for MODE you can use

BlockDelay=00
Flags=7

in a mode.cfg file. Is that what that does?

Also, is there a way to get artwork on a MODE? (I believe the answer is no, but if there's a way, I'd like to know it.)

trekts
dark night

Post by trekts »

Someone needs to sticky this thread.

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

ianmoone wrote:Would I be safe getting the following:

GDEMU DC Dreamcast V5.15B Free Disk Module Optical Drive Simulation Board
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-GDEMU-DC ... 1438.l2649

I currently have a bog standard DC and want to mod in order to play these awesome games.

Huge praise indeed to all involved (megavolt85, yzb)!!

Please advise or recommend.
This is the one I personally use. You may experience lockups in King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, all other games work fine. (Except for Dolphin Blue, that is bugged for everyone atm)

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

arromdee wrote:Since Atomiswave games come from a cartridge and the DC uses a slower GD-ROM, can problems be prevented by setting the ODE to not reduce the speed to GD-ROM speed?

The Atomiswave download links post on Reddit says that for MODE you can use

BlockDelay=00
Flags=7

in a mode.cfg file. Is that what that does?

Also, is there a way to get artwork on a MODE? (I believe the answer is no, but if there's a way, I'd like to know it.)
I'd love to help, but have no experience with MODE. You may try their discord, or hopefully someone with MODE replies here.

ianmoone
noob

Post by ianmoone »

slivercr wrote:
ianmoone wrote:Would I be safe getting the following:

GDEMU DC Dreamcast V5.15B Free Disk Module Optical Drive Simulation Board
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-GDEMU-DC ... 1438.l2649

I currently have a bog standard DC and want to mod in order to play these awesome games.

Huge praise indeed to all involved (megavolt85, yzb)!!

Please advise or recommend.
This is the one I personally use. You may experience lockups in King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, all other games work fine. (Except for Dolphin Blue, that is bugged for everyone atm)

Thanks for the reply.
Is there a 'best in class' setup that runs games without lock ups (Dolphin Blue aside)?
Might as well get these games running to their full potential.
What does megavolt85 recommend?

IdeaSpy2.5
shadow

Post by IdeaSpy2.5 »

Does anyone knows if there's plan to port the unreleased atomiswave game, like Force Five and Kenju?
https://archive.org/download/forcefive_kenju_leak

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

FAQ updated concerning emulators:
If the game is reported as working on the Dreamcast, but doesn't play properly on an emulator, contact the emulator's developer. Release threads are not for emulator support!

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

With the release of these games, we can no longer say "nothing good happened in 2020".

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

MoeFoh wrote:With the release of these games, we can no longer say "nothing good happened in 2020".
Quoted for truth!!!

mr.lameandwatch
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: phantasy star online

Post by mr.lameandwatch »

slivercr wrote:If there's any info that you feel should be in the FAQ, add it below and Ill edit it in!
Let's try to keep this near the top so newcomers will find it easy and hopefully release threads won't be as cluttered with the same questions over and over.
Can we get the info set straight on burning CDI images to CD-R for real hardware? I wasted a few CDs from thinking it would play just like it would on an actual cab, and it was tough to get clear info for that, because various people say it works and some say it doesn't on various threads. I think it would help people who would think it would work like that just because they see a CDI image and expect it to be like burning any other game. If at all there's a way for these games to be optimized for CD-R, i think that should be apart of the status for each release.