GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.
ateam
DC-Talk Addict

Re: GDMENU Theme Manager /Dreamcast

Post by ateam »

shano wrote:Cool stuff! Just curious is this okay with GDEMU clones that can't be updated? cheers.
Yes, these themes are 100% compatible with clones. This is really just a customization of the GDMenu software and has nothing to do with anything on the firmware-level of GDEMU itself.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Bad
noob

Post by Bad »

ateam wrote:Image

This is a heavily modified version of the original GDMENU theme called "CleanCast". The following changes have been made:

• The GDMENU logo has been replaced with an all-white version of the Dreamcast logo.
• The stock "no conver art" disc image has been replaced with a new image.
• An all-white SEGA logo has been added to the bottom-right of the menu.
• The action menu (Play, Exit, Menu) has been centered and its font has been changed.
• To utilize this custom GDMENU theme, follow the simple instructions below.

1) Backup the existing "1ST_READ.BIN" file in the "GDEMU_SD 1.10\data\files" folder.
2) Copy the "1ST_READ.BIN" file from this archive to the "GDEMU_SD 1.10\data\files" folder.
3) Launch the GDEMU SD Card Maker (GDEMU_SD.exe) and remove the very first entry labeled "GDMENU".
4) Click the "SAVE" icon at the bottom-right of the SD Card Maker program and when prompted, choose "Yes" for creating a customized menu.
5) At this point, the custom "1ST_READ.BIN" file included in this archive will be used to compile a new .CDI image used for the GDMENU itself. You're done, enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dd2qU5 ... sp=sharing

Thank you!! Very nice theme, much “professional” than the original.

RightSprite UK
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: One day

Post by RightSprite UK »

shano wrote:Cool stuff! Just curious is this okay with GDEMU clones that can't be updated? cheers.
That's what I'm using clone 5.15b not really sure if the version matter but clone all good

stry8993
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Skies of Arcadia, PSO v2

Post by stry8993 »

RightSprite UK wrote:
stry8993 wrote:
RightSprite UK wrote:Hey the people some help, does anyone here have a problem with the loading screen , I dont understand as it loads up straight away then after removing games or adding
i then get Loading screen which happens on first boot up of the console, some times take a 1min or 3, i think the games list is not loading properly any chance there is a way fix or is this how it is atm in this stable form this would be great for it to bot straight up .
thanks .

Just to mention i used the GDEMU game downloads form here , i line them up in alphabet in the gdmenu order and export it to default
Its because its not detecting your games list. So its building it at boot. You have to disable the menu in GDMenu Maker, then check it again, and what I usually do is go into customize when prompted, and then save, and then I tend not to have any issues.
That worked like a treat thanks for your help, I quess now if you were to a 200gb card will there still be any loading ?
ALso you may be the right guy to ask. Do you know if there is work going on with a different menu system Layout or prehaps a 16:9 GDEMU interface
I'm not sure about 16:9. I'm not even sure those resolutions can be natively support in games, but I have a 256gb card in my GDEmu Clone, a 5.15b with the metal tray, and it works like a charm!

EmuBoarding
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Post by EmuBoarding »

ateam wrote:Image

This is a heavily modified version of the original GDMENU theme called "CleanCast". The following changes have been made:

• The GDMENU logo has been replaced with an all-white version of the Dreamcast logo.
• The stock "no conver art" disc image has been replaced with a new image.
• An all-white SEGA logo has been added to the bottom-right of the menu.
• The action menu (Play, Exit, Menu) has been centered and its font has been changed.
• To utilize this custom GDMENU theme, follow the simple instructions below.

1) Backup the existing "1ST_READ.BIN" file in the "GDEMU_SD 1.10\data\files" folder.
2) Copy the "1ST_READ.BIN" file from this archive to the "GDEMU_SD 1.10\data\files" folder.
3) Launch the GDEMU SD Card Maker (GDEMU_SD.exe) and remove the very first entry labeled "GDMENU".
4) Click the "SAVE" icon at the bottom-right of the SD Card Maker program and when prompted, choose "Yes" for creating a customized menu.
5) At this point, the custom "1ST_READ.BIN" file included in this archive will be used to compile a new .CDI image used for the GDMENU itself. You're done, enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dd2qU5 ... sp=sharing
any chance to up the cdi? thx

ateam
DC-Talk Addict

Post by ateam »

EmuBoarding wrote:any chance to up the cdi? thx
The readme shows you how to do it with Madsheep's SD Card Maker tool. I believe the CDI is build on-the-fly based partially on the contents of your game list. Therefore, my CDI won't work for you.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

ateam
DC-Talk Addict

Post by ateam »

This is a modified version of Right Sprite's "SEGA's 60th Anniversary" GDMENU theme (https://www.rightsprite.co.uk/gdemu-seg ... -download/. I'm calling this one "CleanCast v2" as it represents a step up from my first modified GDMENU theme, which was called "CleanCast".

A very big "thank you" goes out to Right Sprite for the beautiful work he did on the original theme!

The following changes have been made to Right Sprite's original theme:

• The stock "no conver art" disc image was originally a "60 SEGA" logo and has been replaced with a new generic Dreamcast disc image.

To utilize this custom GDMENU theme using Madsheep's SD Card Maker tool, follow the simple instructions below:

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ArOD1 ... sp=sharing
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

Strik3r91
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Q3A, Toy Racer, Starlancer, AFO

Post by Strik3r91 »

wow thanks this new customized menu fixed my issue with screen blinkin/loosing video signal when scrolling thru game list and it tries to load cover arts. this one dont do that.
From love, with Russia :)

FlorreW
Animated Violence
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 sometimes

Post by FlorreW »

The one i use, simple i know still want to share it:
IMG_20201206_101921.jpg
Themefile:
xx Darktheme.png

godonnar
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Shenmue 1 y 2, SONIC, MVC2, CVS1 y 2, Project Justice, KOF*All, SFA3, SF3*All, etc

Post by godonnar »

I want to make a small contribution, this is a theme that I designed for my personal use, but I decided to share it, I hope you like it.
Attachments
PNG
PNG
1ST_READ.7z
Bin File
(320.64 KiB) Downloaded 328 times