Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Greg2600
dark night

Re: Daytona USA Is Back Online!

Post by Greg2600 »

mistamontiel wrote:I had a quick glance @ GameFAQs (I won't compromise my account with DL'd save but mere curiosity), were there vehicles unlocked exclusively from network play? Or are the same ones by dominating offline campaign?
I was able to do one race last night, and "won" the pace car. However, the game then froze!

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

Greg2600 wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:I had a quick glance @ GameFAQs (I won't compromise my account with DL'd save but mere curiosity), were there vehicles unlocked exclusively from network play? Or are the same ones by dominating offline campaign?
I was able to do one race last night, and "won" the pace car. However, the game then froze!
If it froze you may have raced against someone who already raced without disconnect/reconnect :(

Xiden
Developer

Post by Xiden »

Only one car can be won online, the rest are offline cars you can earn.

Greg2600
dark night

Post by Greg2600 »

Xiden wrote:
Greg2600 wrote: I was able to do one race last night, and "won" the pace car. However, the game then froze!
If it froze you may have raced against someone who already raced without disconnect/reconnect :(
Could you explain? I do think he "retired" before the race ended, fwiw.

Xiden
Developer

Post by Xiden »

Greg2600 wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Greg2600 wrote: I was able to do one race last night, and "won" the pace car. However, the game then froze!
Could you explain? I do think he "retired" before the race ended, fwiw.
Everytime you race you must disconnect and reconnect, even if you dont finish the race. You can tell if someone else has races without resetting because they will have a 1 next to their name. Failing to do so will freeze your game

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post by Hunk_4TH »

Anyone in the USA using Spectrum's internet and their router having any luck? I can't find a DMZ option but did forward the ports. Also I'm using Retroarch. Upon clicking the key icon it tries to connect then says host can't be found.

Thanks!!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

Dude, emulators break this networking breakthrough

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ChuChu Rocket!
Daytona USA
F355 Challenge
Quake III Arena
Racing Simulation 2
Worms World Party

Post by OlivusPrime »

I'm disconnected whenever I select the DreamPipe_Daytona server. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing?

Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Post by Spleet »

OlivusPrime wrote:I'm disconnected whenever I select the DreamPipe_Daytona server. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing?
Same here. No problem last night, but getting booted right after selecting the server now.

Jako
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ChuChuRocket
Planet Ring
Quake 3
Maximum Pool
PSO v2
Next Tetris
4x4 Evo
Starlancer...

Post by Jako »

OlivusPrime wrote:I'm disconnected whenever I select the DreamPipe_Daytona server. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing?
Hello OlivusPrime!
Same here, fails selecting the server.
Yesterday and this morning worked. Well, this morning I started a race with Dingo but at few seconds we received a "Server error" during race and that was all.

Maybe server is at maintenance or updating now.

Yesterday a 1 vs 1 races worked very fine, better that I expected and I'm so happy to play this online. Thanks again to everyone that was involved in this great job.

:-)

Update about yesterday error: Dreampi 1.8 DLE works very fine on RPI 1,2 or 3. I only needed to update the firmware. Don't know why but that worked.
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!