32x opinions/suggestions

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Re: 32x opinions/suggestions

Post by Alec1382 »

DCUltrapro wrote:ALSO I need to know about the AV cables, the AV out port is obviously different on the 32x to the MD1 and I see lots of cables on EBAY that say ONLY WORKS WITH MD2/MD3 or 32x, so does that mean it WON'T WORK with the 32x when its plugged into an md1??
Yeah, that avatar is... bizarre, among many other things.

I can answer you on the last part. There's a standard cable that connects the 32X to the model 2, which is what you probably have. However, if you're using the 32X with a model 1, you need to get this little adapter cable that plugs on to the end of the standard cable. The plug on the end of the adapter matches the port on the model 1.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None for the moment I'm afraid... lol

Post by elmagicochrisg »

DCUltrapro wrote:T-Mek is certainly pretty rare but I think Primal Rage isn't quite as rare. After Burner certainly looks good but again I haven't seen a pal one for a long time.
Primal Rage for PAL 32X is EXTREMELY RARE...
DCUltrapro wrote:I wouldn't really be willing to consider a flash cart unless its fairly simply to setup/implement, go on Elmagico (wtf is with that avatar btw!!) explain how it works, I've no idea. I assume its just a cartridge with a flash card/SD card slot?
You assume right. Putting games on the flash card is simple drag and drop...

What, you don't like my SEGAgball avatar?... :lol:
DCUltrapro wrote:Also when I opened up my 32x the board near the cart slot on top does actually say NTSC, does that mean anything though as the hardware was probably manufactured or assembled in the US?
AFAIK the board in the 32X is universal. The only difference is how some of the connections are routed on the board. Opening this and closing that circuit makes it either PAL or NTSC...
DCUltrapro wrote:Also when I opened up my 32x the board near the cart slot on top does actually say NTSC, does that mean anything though as the hardware was probably manufactured or assembled in the US?
The cable that goes from the 32X to the MD is a 2-part cable. First part is meant for the Mark II, and with the second adapter part attached to the original cable you can use it on Mark I consoles...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

ok so then in theory any AV cable that works on the 32x should work regardless of the mega drive right? I have both parts of the connector cable, the part that goes into the back of the MD1 and the part that goes in the 32x thanks to both guys.

So, any idea why I didn't get sound to the tv from the 32x unless I send an audio cable via the earphone jack?
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post by elmagicochrisg »

DCUltrapro wrote:So, any idea why I didn't get sound to the tv from the 32x unless I send an audio cable via the earphone jack?
Sorry, can't help you with that. I know there's some problems with getting sound out through the back on a Mark I. But in case that's the only way to have sound then you might consider rerouting the sound from the earphone jack to your SCART cable. That's what you want to use if I remember correctly...
Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post by Alec1382 »

DCUltrapro wrote:ok so then in theory any AV cable that works on the 32x should work regardless of the mega drive right? I have both parts of the connector cable, the part that goes into the back of the MD1 and the part that goes in the 32x thanks to both guys.

So, any idea why I didn't get sound to the tv from the 32x unless I send an audio cable via the earphone jack?
What exactly does your setup/connections look like? Do you have a Mega CD connected? It gets confusing, I know.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

easiest way to describe is if you look at my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxZfTAIFHqc

Chris that's what I did, the cable from the 32x ends in a red white and yellow RCA connection but theres no sound from the red and white so I have a cable which converts from 3mm jack to red white which I used instead, however if possible I'd rather not have to use that.

Alec check out my video, skip forward about 5 mins and you'll see how I connect it all up

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post by elmagicochrisg »

DCUltrapro wrote:(wtf is with that avatar btw!!)
One of our fellow forum members asked me if I wanted to take it down, since he likes to browse the boards in public places. So yeah, gagball girl has left the building... lol

Hmm, need new avatar now...

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post by Alec1382 »

DCUltrapro wrote:Chris that's what I did, the cable from the 32x ends in a red white and yellow RCA connection but theres no sound from the red and white so I have a cable which converts from 3mm jack to red white which I used instead, however if possible I'd rather not have to use that.
Oh, so that's what you look like. Now I don't have to imagine you as Optimus Prime anymore. I also don't have to imagine Chris as gagball girl anymore. Thank god for that.

I don't know what the problem is there, but I do have an alternative to propose. In my setup, I can get audio from both the 32X, or, if I choose, from the Sega CD. Try ignoring the audio cables from the 32X altogether and get the sound directly from the SCD instead.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

thanks Alec, there's still going to be an extra cable in the process, it doesn't matter if I have it going from the front of the MD1 or the sega CD, but its all moot at the moment as I sent the AV cable back to the ebay guy, he apparently sent me a new one back but it still hasn't arrived and its been 9 days! :( so I can't test anything until that comes, which is a real pisser as I now have Cosmic Smash, although I am loosing on Knuckles at the moment

*EDIT

Ok I gave up waiting for this idiot to send me the cable so I've bought another one from a seller in the US, hopefully it'll arrive soon and apparently its brand new. I also bought a second av connector cable for the MD1-32x but I haven't been able to test it yet. Will let y'all know what happens

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

If your interested in getting a weird but playable game for your 32X, check this out:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKMGVUbr79o[/youtube]

It's called Kolibri.