minority

Re: Fist of the North Star (JP) / Hokuto no Ken

Post by Acey »

Now working great on sd adapter thank you very much for making it work via sd

Wesker
dark night

Post by Wesker »

NeoSnk wrote:The new version is not freezing anymore on the fights, but if you leave the presentation it freezes. Well I prefer be able to play than watch the presentation haha. So this new version is better!
Didn't know there was a new version until I read your message. Sadly I still got a freeze on Mamiya's fight playing on Demul and despite skipping the presentation (What do you mean by presentation? The game intro? Or the corresponding fight presentation?) so I suppose this still needs some more fixes.
Ian Micheal wrote:Not geting any freezing really want the intros i can rip them make them xvid and can play them from dcmc before you play lol
I suppose there would a be a considerable loss in image quality if you do that. And whats dcmc?

What would be great is to have the game play the intro at boot, instead it skips right to the title screen. It seems several Atomiswave games do that when switched to "free play" mode (most of the earlier ones don't), so it must be hard to revert that on the code without resorting to "insert coin" mode.
Last edited by Wesker on Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

Wesker wrote:
NeoSnk wrote:The new version is not freezing anymore on the fights, but if you leave the presentation it freezes. Well I prefer be able to play than watch the presentation haha. So this new version is better!
Didn't know there was a new version until I read your message. Sadly I still got a freeze on Mamiya's fight playing on Demul and despite skipping the presentation (What do you mean by presentation? The game intro? Or the corresponding fight presentation?) so I suppose this still needs some more fixes.
He means the transition from title screen into attract mode.

What's odd is that the attract mode works ok if you play first, lose your credit and then let the game run.

Wesker
dark night

Post by Wesker »

slivercr wrote:
Wesker wrote:

What's odd is that the attract mode works ok if you play first, lose your credit and then let the game run.
Right. But I skipped that and still got a freeze on Mamiya's fight. It took longer, about three or four fights (I'm having a hard time to beat her), but still happened.

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

Wesker wrote:
slivercr wrote:
Wesker wrote:

Right. But I skipped that and still got a freeze on Mamiya's fight. It took longer, about three or four fights (I'm having a hard time to beat her), but still happened.
Right. I was just answering your question. :lol:

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

Ian Micheal wrote:Not geting any freezing really want the intros i can rip them make them xvid and can play them from dcmc before you play lol
How long did you guys play? It seems to behave just like the original release on GDEmu.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

They do play the same as on a gdemu not had any problems on ether gdemu or dreamshell loader 6.6 with retro dream.. loader 11 fat32 32 cluster async 16 class 10 sd card 32gb

slivercr
core

Post by slivercr »

Ian Micheal wrote:They do play the same as on a gdemu not had any problems on ether gdemu or dreamshell loader 6.6 with retro dream.. loader 11 fat32 32 cluster async 16 class 10 sd card 32gb
Yeah, but how long did you play? Not trying to be difficult, its just that the first time I played it ran great for 40m and then it froze. This new track04 seems to behave the same as the original release, I still get freezes on multiple SD cards.

If you didn't play long you may not have gotten any, but they still seem to happen.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

My SD card is formated to fat32 32gb 32 cluster 16 async using my own fast32 loader from dcmc to load retrodream not geting any crashing after 40 min..

Card is class 10 new ONN walmart brand.. I will do a very long play thru with it tomorrow on my channel..

Not all SD card reader are the same quality
P1010359_zpse3ded00d.jpg
Thats mine
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iron_chief
rebel

Post by iron_chief »

Reporting that I'm also getting random freezing. If the comments are correct, and there's two versions, I believe I'm getting freezing in both. On GDemu clone.

All other ports are working flawlessly. Save for the known Dolphin Blue bug.