USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Outrun

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by MoeFoh »

@pcwzrd13

"Controller Modes
USB4MAPLE offers several different controller modes suited for various games. To change modes, press and hold the Xbox, PlayStation, or Home button on your controller and then press the face button that corresponds with the mode you want. The player number LED on the controller will change to match the mode.

Xbox / Playstation Controllers
A/X: (1) Standard mode for all games.
X/▢: (2) Dual-analog mode for Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament.
Y/△: (3) Twin Stick mode for games that support the Twin Sticks.
B/O: (4) FPS mode which emulates the face buttons on the left stick.

8BitDo M30
C: ASCII Pad FT
Z: Arcade Stick"

Wiki:
-- You can add the HORIPAD along side the 8BitDo M30 - it supports all 6 modes, too.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

Also, working - a TRACKBALL.

Kensington Orbit Trackball Mouse with Scroll Ring

240p Test Suite sees it as a mouse.

Amazon (US):
https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Orbit ... 002OOWB3O/

I can't use a mouse because I have carpal tunnel in both wrist, so I use one of these - a real life saver. I also have to limit my controller use to a max. of 10 minutes. A little longer with an Arcade Stick.
kesington-orbital-trackball.png
kesington-orbital-trackball.png (137.36 KiB) Viewed 372 times

f355fanatic
shadow

Post by f355fanatic »

Tested this weekend with a G25 and X360 pad wired. It works ! Thanks megavolt85, Sonik and all contributors.

Minor reports :

- the analog stick of the x360 controller is more sensitive than on dreamcast. But for the rest, there is nothing to complain about.

- there is no assignment for the sequential gearbox of the G25. This is only valid for the G25 but not for the G27/G29 because there is no sequential gearbox)

- it seems to be an error in the buttons settings for the g25 ? or maybe it's normal

below the setting on dreamcast

Shouldn't it be the same setting as on PS2? (G25 connected to PS2)

↓ > X (dreamcast) = ▢ (PS2)

↑ > Y (dreamcast) = △ (PS2)

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

@f355fanatic I'm not sure about the sequential shifter. I have no access to a real g25 and all the support was done by trial and error. Also by using a G27 and forcing it into "G25 emulation mode" but the G27 does not emulate the seq shifter.

But the paddle shifter works, right?

For the buttons, I'm also not sure if the dreamcast wheel have X and Y buttons. It does have "A, B, -, +, Start"

Makes sense to have the buttons mapped as up and down as the devices does not have any dedicated dpad for menu navigation.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

f355fanatic wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:23 pm Shouldn't it be the same setting as on PS2? (G25 connected to PS2)
if you could make a log from this steering wheel, then I could rebuild the controls.
as Sonik already said, we don't have enough information on this wheel

f355fanatic
shadow

Post by f355fanatic »

sonik wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:53 pm But the paddle shifter works, right?
Yes. The analog calibration for wheel and pedal are very good. The FFB works perfectly too, even better than on the PS2 console. On PS2 the analog calibration stalls when you go too far from left to right (on F355 Challenge game for example). On Dreamcast there isn't this problem! I am also impressed to see that there is no latency.
For the buttons, I'm also not sure if the dreamcast wheel have X and Y buttons. It does have "A, B, -, +, Start"

Makes sense to have the buttons mapped as up and down as the devices does not have any dedicated dpad for menu navigation.
Yes, maybe it's not a good idea to put X and Y buttons because the dreamcast has only 6 buttons + Start.

@megavolt85
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. I can just give the button numbers from the Windows interface. Can it help?

But I'll ask a friend who knows programming better than me next weekend.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

unfortunately in windows the driver switches the steering wheel to a different mode and it works completely differently than with the rp2040

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@pcwrd13

Minor change to the Wiki.

"8BitDo M30 / HORIPAD
C: ASCII Pad FT
Z: Arcade Stick"

Should say "ASCII Stick FT"

At least that's the name being reported.
https://segaretro.org/ASCII_Stick_FT

@megavolt85 can correct me if I am wrong on the device being referenced.
https://segaretro.org/ASCII#Dreamcast_2
Last edited by MoeFoh on Mon May 06, 2024 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

MoeFoh wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 pm @megavolt85 can correct me if I am wrong on the device being referenced.
good question, to which I don't know the exact answer
in fact, I thought that this was the ASCII Pad FT mode, because the documentation said that vibration was built-in, but now I see that the ASCII Stick also has built-in vibration and it looks like I am emulating this particular device

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

megavolt85 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:55 pm
MoeFoh wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 pm @megavolt85 can correct me if I am wrong on the device being referenced.
good question, to which I don't know the exact answer
in fact, I thought that this was the ASCII Pad FT mode, because the documentation said that vibration was built-in, but now I see that the ASCII Stick also has built-in vibration and it looks like I am emulating this particular device
240p Test Suite reports it as "ASCII STICK" all caps. The Stick and Pad appear to be functionally the same.