USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by pcwzrd13 »

enfilade wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:I'll be uploading the files for 3D printing once I make some more refinements
Great enclosure! Would it be possible to upload a version that does not have the Dreamcast Live logo as well? Maybe a blank one or a regular Dreamcast swirl?
Yeah, it won't have a logo on it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

megavolt85 wrote: I don't want to add devices that I don't have, without a device it is impossible to debug.
As for steering wheels, there is nothing in the HID protocol that would indicate that it is the steering wheel that is connected, which means there is no way to enable the correct mode for DseamCast, you can link by VID and PID, but then support will be limited to specific models
I get it.
Yeah it would require using specific VID:PID and will limit device usage. Most logitech wheels starts in compatibility mode with a fixed VID:PID. Supporting it will cover most of the wheels.
If you ever want to add support for it, here's my code (it's an logitech to ogXbox adapter)
https://github.com/sonik-br/xid_wheel_adapter

On another topic:
If I make an adapter that outputs usb like a x3630/ps3 controller, that adapter should work on your adapter, right?
EDF! EDF! EDF!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

My custom enclosure is now available for download from Printables! :-) https://www.printables.com/model/840316 ... e-by-megav

There's no logo on the model itself. It's just in the picture.
adapter.png
PSO Characters:

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

sonik wrote:If I make an adapter that outputs usb like a x3630/ps3 controller, that adapter should work on your adapter, right?
yes, but it will be detected as a regular joystick, and not as a steering wheel

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Just thought of a cool idea. Worms World Party has a weird quirk where you can only chat in-game if you play using a keyboard (it has to be in port A). You can swap the controller and keyboard mid-game if you want to chat but it's not ideal. Would it be possible to plug in a controller and keyboard at the same time to port A with a splitter and switch between them by pressing a specific key on the keyboard?

I know this is a weird and very specific feature request but if it's not too difficult, it would be really cool.
PSO Characters:

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

simple solution to the problem :D
Снимок экрана от 2024-04-11 21-16-59.png

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Haha! Didn't think of that! They have some with IR remotes too. :P
PSO Characters:

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

this is the cheapest USB HUB, I bought one at the FixPrice store out of curiosity and it works without problems :)

enfilade
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Maximum Pool, Internet Game Pack, 4x4 EVO, AFO, Chu Chu Rocket, Q3A, Worms, Ooga Booga

Post by enfilade »

pcwzrd13 wrote:My custom enclosure is now available for download from Printables! :-) https://www.printables.com/model/840316 ... e-by-megav
When I saw your enclosure I was thinking 2 or 4 of those together would be some nice, especially if they practically touch eachother

The orange with the logo looks great!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

My PS3 dev kit controller works with this! That's hilarious considering it doesn't work with an actual PS3! :lol:
PSO Characters: