VMU Questions

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: VMU Questions

Post by Anthony817 »

Yeah, you should disconnect it, but you could also install batteries, but they drain too fast...

ScDream
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None, yet. :)

Post by ScDream »

OK, so I definitely need one of the tools found at

Code: Select all

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmutool/release/about/?lg=&menu=on
in order to write minigames to my VMU.

So now I need some hardware/cable....

It is eBay item 330384581407 "INNOVATION Sega Dreamcast 4M Programable Color VMU Card" ?

Thanks.

Favrenation
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, Quake 3 Arena, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool

Post by Favrenation »

If you had your dreamcast online. (PC-DC server/BBA/Plain old dialup) you could use the web browser to download them directly to your vmu. That's what I did to test out minigames. If you have a phone line just use a free dialup provider and use that for like 10-20 minutes to download your saves/minigames.
PS2 Online Gaming

Macabre
Feet of Fury
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, little quake, doom is cute.

Post by Macabre »

The only reason the batteries die in the vmu quickly is when you leave them plugged into your controller, as even when the system is off, the internal workings of the system will tap on the battery from the vmu.

Vmu will last a very long time if you simply remove it from the controller when not using it in the system.

Playtime with the vmu can be around 6 to 8 hours (iirc from playing with the chao thing), before needing to replace the battery. Thats also assuming your remembering to put it to sleep when not in use.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~