New Support Forum

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Re: New Support Forum

Post by Bob Dobbs »

Some Dreamcast disc drives I had in the past did that and one only played CD's, not GD-ROMs. I just had another DC act up about a month ago.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

robocop9236
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star!

Post by robocop9236 »

Greetings everyone in DC land!

so I rescued a Dreamcast from a friend who didn't want it anymore, came with no cables, only a controller and a game. It sat around for years collecting dust and last week, I decided to buy the necessary power and AV cables to fire it up. I opened the DC and did a good cleaning, removing dust and foreign debris. it now looks great. Put a disc in.. made a loud bumping sound and coped out, didnt spin any more discs. I since replaced the GD ROM disc drive with a functioning unit, and now it will spin discs no problem, without any troublesome noises. Put the new power and AV cable in, it powers on, I hear the dreamcast logo screen boot up, but NO display at all, just a black screen! Ive tested this out on two TVs and got the same results. Boot up sound, but no image , nothing. I even used two different DC AV cables, and same results so I guess its not the cables.

My questions are:

Is this a problem with the powerboard supply? even though it powers on maybe its not getting enough power to display picture?

Would A VGA cable possibly work despite an AV cable not working?

What do you think the problem is?

I understand its probably cheaper to buy an new DC but I would like to restore this unit for just personal reasons.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

Din't think it's thread-worthy I need opinions if I am stressing my laser er can she take it ?

My unit is a Sports Dreamcast , refurbed from LukieGames . I don't suppose that means new laser huh ?

I got a pack of Memorex (disgusting on the data side) 210mb mini CD-Rs since the bleem!s and the like are not even close to using a whole disc

Just one time my Dreamcast did not boot like think it was the Import Enabler disc , teeny . But when I'm booting the bleem!s she is reading around 150 meg every time ? Is that stressing out my baby ?

And everything else I pop in are JVC Taiyo Yudens so I've been very gentle I hope

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

To add to my question , even that I'll pop in trashy Memorex briefly it's still wear ?

God Oroboros
noob

Post by God Oroboros »

Hello
im new to dreamcast emulation on android so im playing shenmue 2 and i cant multi tap buttons i would like to know if its my problem if its fixable through customization of reicast emu, or its not fix until this point? (On android.
Im not using a physical controller, using on screen controller thank for your time.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

Hi,

I'm a poor new gdemu noob, I buy a clone recently until I'll reach an official one.

I'm using my dreamshell sd card, but I have to copy each time, I want to use it the gdemu.ini and 01 folder. What set I have to choose FAT 32 64ko is not good could you suggest me the best one and the brand of your sdcard please ?

I'm looking for codebreaker too please I didn't find it...

a tool for edit the vmu save if you have.

And finally a sofware to manage my game.

Thanks a lot :-)

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

fafadou wrote:Hi,

I'm a poor new gdemu noob, I buy a clone recently until I'll reach an official one.

I'm using my dreamshell sd card, but I have to copy each time, I want to use it the gdemu.ini and 01 folder. What set I have to choose FAT 32 64ko is not good could you suggest me the best one and the brand of your sdcard please ?

I'm looking for codebreaker too please I didn't find it...

a tool for edit the vmu save if you have.

And finally a sofware to manage my game.

Thanks a lot :-)
Use this to make your GD-EMU SDcard http://www.filefactory.com/file/1cv3ridg3o0d/DC_GD.zip
I use Sandisk brand, make sure its SDHC if you are going above 4gb storage

here is codebreaker https://drive.google.com/file/d/1js1Yp2 ... Fuqo0/view

VMU Saves Disc
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmutoo ... &download=

Kenny080
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 arena
Monaco grand prix
Pso
Incoming
Soul calibur
Toy racer

DC black screen help.

Post by Kenny080 »

Hello my DC switches on just black screen I originally dropped 3 inches onto the carpet someone is looking at it next week . I was just wondering if something might have come loose thanks Kenny..

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

Thanks you very much @Xiden.
For renaming game I'm using :
https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardManager/releases

It's a good software for you ?

SQloud
shadow

Post by SQloud »

Great