The Arcade Variant Of Segas Next Console Revealed Next Week.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

stu
Feet of Fury

Re: The Arcade Variant Of Segas Next Console Revealed Next W

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:I understand that there's alot of expectations for the Wii U, but I seriously have a bad feeling about it. That the price tag may not be so attractive and the controller could sink the system, top that with rumors of a PS3.5 and things aren't looking good for the new Wii U.

I respect your opinion HowlingFear, but my hunch is, the more people find out about Wii U, the less excited they'll become about it.

Anyway on topic, the reason why the Super System/FUTURA will most likely be unveiled during AOU 2012 is because its usually where the arcade variant of the console goes on display, Saturn's arcade cousin Model 2 went on display at AOU '94.There's also word that the new board will use 3D stereoscopic processing using NEC Power VR 6, this would make Super System/FUTURA the first new platformer preceeding Xbox BULLDOZER capable of such a feat.

The arcade counterpart to the Sega Saturn (or it's "cousin" as you put it) was the Sega Titan Video system or ST-V, not the Model 2 as you claim. Here are the specs for the ST-V:

Main CPUs : 2 x Hitachi SH-2 @ 28.6364 MHz
Sound CPU : MC68000 @ 11.45456 MHz
Sound chip : SCSP/YMF292-F (315-5687)/"LAKE" @ 11.3MHz, 32 PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) Channels, 44.1 khz Sampling Rate
Secondary CPUs;
SCU DSP : fixed point maths coprocessor, up to 4 parallel instructions.
VDP 1 : 32-bit video display processor : sprite and polygon, dual 256KB frame buffers for rotation and scaling effects, Texture Mapping, Goraud Shading, 512KB cache for textures
VDP 2 : 32-bit background and scroll plane video display processor, 2 Windows for special calculations, transparency, shadowing, background engine, 5 simulataneous scrolling backgrounds, 2 simultaneous rotating playfields, up to 60 frames per second animation
Main RAM : 2 Megabytes (16 megabits)
VRAM : 1.54 Megabytes (12 megabits)
Audio RAM : 512 Kilobytes (4 megabits)
Rendering Speed : 200,000 Texture Mapped Polygons/Second, 500,000 Flat Shaded Polygons/Second
Colours : 24-bit true color graphics, 16. Million Available Colors
Resolution : 320x224, 640x224, and 720x576 horizontal and 240, 448, and 480 vertical
Board composition : Main board + Game cartridge (one or more in the same time)
Game Cartridge Size : Max size = 384mbit (48meg)
Other infos : This board is Jamma and uses a standard resolution monitor

Source: http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=711

As you can see from the technical specifications above, the ST-V was almost identical to the Saturn, the main difference being that the ST-V uses cartridges to store games, instead of CD-Roms. While it is true that both ST-V and the MODEL 2 boards were developed around the same time, the MODEL 2 board was actually a development of the previous MODEL 1 board and is radically different to the Saturn/ST-V.

HowlingFear
fire

Post by HowlingFear »

I respect your opinion HowlingFear, but my hunch is, the more people find out about Wii U, the less excited they'll become about it.
And I respect yours, my friend. Only time will tell who was right. Anyway, I think we both pin our hopes on Sega rather than on Nintendo.
I wonder how much competitors are expected to enter the 8'th generation of console hardware, especially if one (Sony ?) leaves.

SegaNews
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Post by SegaNews »

I will input my opinion on who is right here, i slightly side with HowlingFear on the part that Nintendo will have a success on the Wii U. This is because of collectors, game critics, and Nintendo BLIND fan boys. Well mainly the Fan Boys. I predict if Nintendo is indeed falling apart as MrSega is saying, they will still take around four generations to loose all their intense fans. This is how Nintendo has been for a while, living off of those fan boys.
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Howling Fear. Probably small little known companies like On-Live trying to cash in on the digital wave. As for Sony, don't expect a Playstation 4 out for a long time at least until 2015 if thier lucky to hang on into the hardware race. PSV is thier glimmer of hope to stay in the hardware business and they have placed all thier bets on it. They just can't take anymore losses.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

SegaNews wrote:I will input my opinion on who is right here, i slightly side with HowlingFear on the part that Nintendo will have a success on the Wii U. This is because of collectors, game critics, and Nintendo BLIND fan boys. Well mainly the Fan Boys. I predict if Nintendo is indeed falling apart as MrSega is saying, they will still take around four generations to loose all their intense fans. This is how Nintendo has been for a while, living off of those fan boys.
Any success or attention of Wii U I predict will be very short lived. I'm personally glad SEGA is showing little to no support for it. Something tells me Nintendo is in for some lackluster returns for thier new hardware in this upcomming generation.

Hell, by the time Xbox Bullzoder hits the market and by the time Super System builds SEGA's base back, Wii U will pretty much be forgotten.

Yuuki
shadow

Post by Yuuki »

i want to believe that a new console from sega will come, I never owned a sega deivce my self but i played a dc the first time around 2007 and i was flashed...
but it is said each year that somone say that they will enter the market again so why should they to it this year....

sry for my bad grammar english isnt my native language
Last edited by Yuuki on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HowlingFear
fire

Post by HowlingFear »

Just came across the article which states that the new Xbox Bulldozer will likely be able to run games with Avatar-like graphics. It begs the question, will there be multiplatform titles on both Sega and Microsoft consoles ?
It's probably too early to assume but I can't resist thinking about it.
According to some rumors, Sega will be using so called RayTracing technology which will be absolute breakthrough. Microsoft technology will be different.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

HowlingFear wrote:Just came across the article which states that the new Xbox Bulldozer will likely be able to run games with Avatar-like graphics. It begs the question, will there be multiplatform titles on both Sega and Microsoft consoles ?
According to some rumors, Sega will be using so called RayTracing technology which will be absolute breakthrough. Microsoft technology will be different.

The official codename for the next generation Xbox hasn't been released to the public yet, Bulldozer is just a name that MrSega is calling it. Bulldozer actually is the codename for AMD's Fusion Desktop/Server CPU that AMD are about to launch.
There are some unconfirmed rumors that Microsoft are planning to use a Bulldozer based Fusion chip in the next Xbox and it is here that MrSega is probably getting his "codename" from, however that would mean that they are planning to switch from the POWER architecture over to an PC like X86 based chip, which would break any plans to allow Xbox360 games to work on the new system.
What I think is more likely is that they will develop a custom Fusion design using multiple Power PC cores instead of multiple X86 cores.

As for the Avatar quality graphics, I call that empty marketing hype, the hardware companies have been making these empty promises ever since the Playstation 2 promised Toy Story quality graphics, none of them have ever come true.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

HowlingFear wrote:Just came across the article which states that the new Xbox Bulldozer will likely be able to run games with Avatar-like graphics. It begs the question, will there be multiplatform titles on both Sega and Microsoft consoles ?
Project BULLDOZER will use Unreal 3 techology which is high resolution,superpowered rasteration and 3D stereoscopic processing which is AMD Radeon based. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

The journalist is being prentious. Xbox Bulldozer will have visuals simluar to RANGO not Avatar.

Super System/RINGWAVE/FUTURA will use Ray Tracing.3D stereoscopic processing,reduced rasteration and photo realism. Ray Tracing is the act of anylizing and processing photo realism using a method photo copying digital backgrounds of real life photos. With ray tracing it reduces the cost preformance of the 3D engine. Here's some demos of RT techology using 60 FPS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLte5f34 ... re=related

Yuuki
shadow

Post by Yuuki »

MrSega wrote:
Project BULLDOZER will use Unreal 3 techology which is high resolution,superpowered rasteration and 3D stereoscopic processing which is AMD Radeon based. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

The journalist is being prentious. Xbox Bulldozer will have visuals simluar to RANGO not Avatar.

Super System/RINGWAVE/FUTURA will use Ray Tracing.3D stereoscopic processing,reduced rasteration and photo realism. Ray Tracing is the act of anylizing and processing photo realism using a method photo copying digital backgrounds of real life photos. With ray tracing it reduces the cost preformance of the 3D engine. Here's some demos of RT techology using 60 FPS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLte5f34 ... re=related
looks nice i just hope Futura isnt just a mythos....