Competition #17 - Soul Calibur (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #17 - Soul Calibur

Post by pcwzrd13 »

pcwzrd13 wrote:I'm certain it's possible to get an even lower time than this.
Alec1382 wrote:Desperate times call for desperate... ahem... move repetition. I played cheaply, but it got the job done.
Case in point! :lol: Excellent job Alec! I think I'm throwing in the towel at this point. Like I said, I doubt I can even match my own score, never mind beating yours.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Post by Alec1382 »

pcwzrd13 wrote:Case in point! :lol: Excellent job Alec! I think I'm throwing in the towel at this point.
I'm always impressed at how gracefully you take a loss. I'd like to thank you for hosting these! I've had great fun with them!

Anyway, I just used 3 moves over and over, for the most part. I had one move for the approach, one for pushing them back, and one for when they were down. Interestingly, I noticed the AI actually learned my patterns. Since I'd always do the same move on any approach, it eventually started to sidestep and attack while I was finishing my animation.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Alec1382 wrote: I'm always impressed at how gracefully you take a loss. I'd like to thank you for hosting these! I've had great fun with them!
Not a problem sir! It's always good to hear that people are enjoying these competitions. It's all good fun. I'm just trying to give the Dreamcast most of the features that most modern consoles have such as achievements, leader boards, and gamer profiles. It gives people more incentive to play their Dreamcast, which is always a good thing! :D
Alec1382 wrote: Anyway, I just used 3 moves over and over, for the most part. I had one move for the approach, one for pushing them back, and one for when they were down.
I have pretty much the exact same strategy. I use the "spin kick" repeatedly, hit enemies with the rod when they're down, and use a regular kick to hit them out of the ring when they're close to the edge.
PSO Characters:

Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Post by Alec1382 »

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Alec1382 wrote: Anyway, I just used 3 moves over and over, for the most part. I had one move for the approach, one for pushing them back, and one for when they were down.
I have pretty much the exact same strategy. I use the "spin kick" repeatedly, hit enemies with the rod when they're down, and use a regular kick to hit them out of the ring when they're close to the edge.
Even then, that was tough! It took plenty of swearing and sweating to get that time! After I got that time, I was so pissed off and hyper that I went out and jogged for an hour. :lol:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

how long is left on this one? I have to get it done tonight I think, the wife will just have to wait for her dinner lol
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:how long is left on this one?
The competition ends tomorrow.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

I tried this one last night for about 3 hours and it started driving me insane, not to mention it aggravated my old Sega injury lol

the best I got was just under 2.30 but in my rage I didn't save the video capture file I was recording.... hey ho lol probably for the best, I hate playing games like Soul Calibur when I'm trying to achieve something, its ridiculously hard when you have a target you just never reach it!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote: the best I got was just under 2.30 but in my rage I didn't save the video capture file I was recording....
Ah, that stinks. You should have taken a screenshot as a backup in case something went wrong with the capture. Little late for that now but next time...
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

yeah nevermind, I should've attempted it sooner, PITA!!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

The competition has ended. Congratulations to the champ, Alec1382! This victory puts you in third place in the overall site rankings with 210 points.

Here are the final rankings:

1. Alec1382 - 2' 09" 46

2. pcwzrd13 - 2' 19" 57

3. CD AGES - 2' 42" 84

4. ChrisHa2049 - 2' 52" 99

Be sure to vote for the next competition if you haven't already done so.
PSO Characters: