Sega Saturn games on the dreamcast

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Sega Saturn games on the dreamcast

Post by Ian Micheal »

I dont think it would of helped when person looking to buy it had a genesis and the hardware was being sold cheap..

JaseRPG
noob

Post by JaseRPG »

I'm surprised there are no working Saturn titles, especially with bleemcast being a thing for ps1. One day maybe?

Lew3030
rebel

Post by Lew3030 »

I have a question: is the vintage game Back Guiner for Dreamcast? I thought it was, though, it a Sega Saturn.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Saturn is far more complex then a ps1 need far more powerful pc just to run a saturn emulator even then it's not perfect .. talking dual cpu console..

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

If there was available source code for saturn games , then ports would be possible. Decompiles also create a possibility.

Based off what @bluecrab says it is possible to upgrade yabause. A lot of code to specialized to write. Kos is much improved now with better timings so that could improve the framerate also. I have no idea by how much. I'm just speculating. And in the end only the easiest to emulate games would work at a reduced framerate. A 30fps game running at 15-20fps could be the best case scenario. Again all this is speculation.

Maybe ghidra decompiling exe files to c code would help.

No one in the dc scene is willing to do it for free no matter how much fame they would get from it. Maybe a bounty would get someone to do it.