Aliens: Colonial Marines - Overhaul Interview

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Overhaul Interview

Post#1 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:21 am

Aliens: Colonial Marines for me was one of the last fun "Modern" games I played.

Very long time ago you may recall a certain Overhaul Mod that made the scenes created by one TemplerGFX.

Alot off press came in well that lead too alot more misinformation coming out.

One Typo? Nope There Was Four Typos. The Press & Youtubers? We Are Done Talking About It.

Unfortunately for the Media & Big Youtubers, a very few die hard Aliens: Colonial Marines fans didn't give up!

The One Person being interviewed in the video above is Spoons313. Spoons313 spent four nights a week playing Colonial Marines on his Twitch channel.

I Was His Only & One Loyal Viewer! Check his old livestreams out for yourself.

Where were these big Aliens fan at? Everyone who complained?

TemplerGFX released a beta version of V6 for everyone on the ACM Steam Board to help him out. Spoons313 was once again on every night that lead him to being apart something bigger. Helping & working with Templar on a open Discord group with even more fans together!

No Media Lies Here. No Misleading Big Youtuber. No Products In The Way.

Best Real Informant Video I've Heard On ACM. I wouldn't listen to anything else!

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheValiant/videos

https://www.youtube.com/c/313Games

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines - Overhaul Interview

Post#2 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:10 am

Nice going to be retweeting all this on my twitter red herb network.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:54 pm

I was thinking of installing the game on PS3 and looking at the single line of code edit that they made to improve the Alien AI. Like mentioned it was some typo from the original devs that made it so bad. But I did play the PC version of the mod last time it was popular in the news. Very great overhaul mod.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#4 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:21 am

Way more then the four typos, thing called Displace that made the Xenos & Wey-Yu soldiers not move around the levels properly. By turning the Displace right off they weren't holded back no more, were able to move around accordingly.

V6 release solved all of this, came with way more new features. Also came with some broken stuff too as all mods do. I'm out off touch with what's going on the Discord chat as I don't have it nor a PC Gamer. Don't know if anyone has tried to edit INI on the PS3 & 360 versions. Wouldn't surprise me there still alot more to it.

I just wished Gearbox released a Remaster years ago now just makes me so sad. Words I wrote at the top post, you wouldn't get that from anyone else I've been so loyal to this Aliens game.