NFS: Hot pursuit

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

gkjand
shadow

NFS: Hot pursuit

Post#1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:10 am

The game was released recently, and was named the best racing game of the year. Do you agree with it ?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: NFS: Hot pursuit

Post#2 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Best of the year? I don't know about that, I played GT5, it was good for all its faults though. I can't wait for TDU2 man, it's going to blow N4S:HP out of the water with it's free roaming real world islands and police pursuit mode to boot.

Btw, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

Edit: Nice blogsite man, that science stuff really interests me. I can't get enough of the Science channel, National Geographic and the history and Animal Planet channels. :ugeek:

gkjand
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 am

Thanks for the complement buddy.. :)

Anyways, you haven't heard about Need for speed game ?
Hot pursuit is the latest game released by NFS developers.. And I must say after playing this game I forgot almost all other racing games :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Oh yes, I know about it, I played it the other day on my friends laptop plugged into our HDTV with HDMI, it was a good game, but racing game of the year? I would think that GT5 would get it instead as it has 1000 cars. I know the ratings for GT5 were not the best though, but they are totaly different games, 1 is arcade, and the other the greatest simulation racing game after Forza 3.

gkjand
shadow

Post#5 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:20 am

It was rated as the best racing car game of the year by critiques and the gamespot :)
And I believe most of us believe the judgment of gamespot, right ?

Siku
dark night

Post#6 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 pm

The Scenery and Graphics in the game are amazing. It's a great game but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best racing game of the year. I personally played every NFS game to date (aside from the handheld games) including NFS World, and this game is a lot like Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit 2 for PS2 mixed in with a little bit of Burnout.

It all comes down to racing preference. Obviously people who enjoy racing simulators like GT5 or Forza aren't going to very much like this game. I personally enjoyed the game at first but found it to become extremely repetitive after awhile. It's eye candy that becomes boring after awhile imho. There is no story mode, no tournaments, no rivals, or anything to strive for besides raising your driver level and showing off to your friends.

gkjand wrote:It was rated as the best racing car game of the year by critiques and the gamespot :)
And I believe most of us believe the judgment of gamespot, right ?

Not sure if there's any sarcasm in that but all I really have to say about Gamespot is.... Jeff Gerstmann's Kane & Lynch review and what followed afterwords. Used to be an avid fan of Gamespot prior to that.
--> My YouTube - PSO Texture Edits * PSO Character : Siku (HUmar, Skyly) Lvl 116 *

Return to “PC/Mac”