Phantasy Star Online 2 releasing soon... any takers?

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 releasing soon... any takers?

Post#31 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:45 am

lol, yeah I have to admit I probably won't give a shit either, its PSO2 man its the game I've been waiting for for 12 years!!
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Logic
core

Post#32 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:04 pm

nnorton44 wrote:To run Crysis on high settings you need atleast a Radeon 6870 or GTX 560.

The Original Crysis? Absolutely not.
A bit of Resolution tweaking and AA, and you can easily hit high settings on a Geforce 8800.

The 8800 Ultra can will boost that more.

If you really wanna go ultra or max it, a GTX 200(medium or high end most likely) series card or so could do the job if you want a large safe gap. Crysis 2 has similar boundaries.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I definitely plan on playing this, as well as my boyfriend. We've already been tried the beta out. :)
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Makawichi
noob

Post#34 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Listen here chickens... Go to pso2.jp, get that SegaID ssshiiizzzat and try it out. Open beta is still goin and probably still going for at least a month more. Fuck the language barrier try it out its FREE! and yeah its pretty tits.

Lets go snap some and cash some checks go ship 02 with most english speakers to get you started. :mrgreen:

nnorton44
Doom

Post#35 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Logic wrote:
nnorton44 wrote:To run Crysis on high settings you need atleast a Radeon 6870 or GTX 560.

A bit of Resolution tweaking and AA, and you can easily hit high settings on a Geforce 8800.

If you really wanna go ultra or max it, a GTX 200(medium or high end most likely) series card or so could do the job if you want a large safe gap. Crysis 2 has similar boundaries.

Okay, let me rephrase that. To run Crysis on high settings at 1920x1080 resolution you need atleast a Radeon 6870 or GTX 560.

As far as Crysis 2 it is very demanding on maximum with DirectX11. The minimum card to max out Crysis 2 without Anti-Aliasing at 1080p is the GTX 570. The minimum to max out the game at 1280x1024 would be a GTX 460 1GB, at 1680x1050 a 6970 is the minimum.

8800 Ultra/GTX 200 series cards aren't even relevant. Performance is minimal, not to mention they are several generations outdated.

Logic
core

Post#36 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:35 pm

nnorton44 wrote:
Logic wrote:

Okay, let me rephrase that. To run Crysis on high settings at 1920x1080 resolution you need atleast a Radeon 6870 or GTX 560.

As far as Crysis 2 it is very demanding on maximum with DirectX11. The minimum card to max out Crysis 2 without Anti-Aliasing at 1080p is the GTX 570. The minimum to max out the game at 1280x1024 would be a GTX 460 1GB, at 1680x1050 a 6970 is the minimum.

8800 Ultra/GTX 200 series cards aren't even relevant. Performance is minimal, not to mention they are several generations outdated.

Thank you for your clarification.

That being said, back on topic...I want 2013 to get here faster. Most if not all the games I want are releasing then, PSO2(english) included.

So aye, Bring it on.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

nnorton44
Doom

Post#37 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:45 pm

No linked servers, kinda expected that.
Japanese gaming website 4gamer.net recently interviewed Satoshi Sakai, producer for the Phantasy Star Online series. In the interview, Sakai talks about the creation of Phantasy Star Online 2, future updates, and the regional servers. In particular, he mentioned the North American/European servers will not be linked to the Japanese servers.

This turn of events will surely come as a disappointment to those that were expecting globaly linked servers.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#38 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 am

Yeah I read that, how harsh!

has anyone heard yet if it will be Internet download only or will there be a retail disc you can buy? probably won't be, its no longer considered "hip" to release something on disc, more like a hinderance in todays mobile device and free to play market
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#39 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:50 pm

It won't have a disc release because it is a free game :lol:

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#40 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 pm

BrianC wrote:It won't have a disc release because it is a free game :lol:

How about the PS Vita version?...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)