Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

my game on steam!

Post#1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:32 pm

The day has come! The game is finally out on Windows, MACOS and Linux/STEAM-OS

I wish some day... on Dreamcast... well, next life maybe

do you remember Tomy Turbo Racing Dashboard 1983 and SEGA moto champ 1973? Mix them together with a small drop of Hang-On and you get moto RKD dash.
No DLC, no in game advertising, no in app purchases, just simple and fun game... like old times!

I released it on iTunes and Google Play at the end of las year, then i remade the thing for horizontal 16X9 monitors and added eye candy. Now i put it no Steam Greenlight

There is a small demo on itch.io for windows, macos and linux.

But the most links are on my page dash.rkd.zone

Check it out guys, vote on steam!

PS: we all know that my dream would be to bring it to Dreamcast, but it will remain a dream... Lots of years ago i worked with Hainrich Tillack on the dreamcast platformer demo... and also on DCShooter with Mainge and company, i hope someday we got a robust engine to cast our dreams.

PS2: also, im doing this alone, everything models, textures, gameplay, menus, scripting, porting... so dont hate too much, please :P

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by segata sanshiro on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Re: my game on steam greenlight

Post#2 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:38 pm

oh, i forgot... the music, man im lucky to have two professional musicians give me the opportunity to use their music for the game. Check out Kliment and approxima astrolabos and blow your minds :P

Dbarker89
undertow

Post#3 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:49 pm

That looks wicked, I'll be getting broadband soon in my house in a weeks time and will definitely check this out.

Currently using my mobile to visit here. I bet you're really proud of this and should be :)

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#4 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:31 pm

The iOS version is free now. Check out https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id987553325
If you have a modern iPad play it there, the experience is as it must be.

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#5 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:24 pm

I will check this game out but how come the android version isn't free?

btw a graphically downgraded dreamcast version would be awesome and unlikely lol

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#6 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:12 pm

I bought the Android version off Amazon, it looks pretty awesome. Definitely got my upvote!

krssn
Metallic

Post#7 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Congratz man. Looks pretty wicked. Weird, but wicked... ^^

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#8 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:44 am

Hey guys, a million thanks!
Yeah the game is definitely weird. I know it sound cliche, but i wanted to do something different... and i did. Also I'm fascinated by these electro-mechanical toys and games from my childhood, they're so cool, yet so stupid and pointless... so i wanted to recreate the experience, but make it cooler.

Please check the Steam announcements page, i've linked a lot of music you might enjoy.

Thanks again!

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#9 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:08 am

We will see a dreamcast port in future? :P

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#10 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:50 am

it would be my dream...
we all know that my dream would be to bring it to Dreamcast, but it will remain a dream... Lots of years ago i worked with Hainrich Tillack on the dreamcast platformer demo... and also on DCShooter with Mainge and company, i hope someday we got a robust engine to cast our dreams.