(Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Do you like the look of Dan the hero of Shadow Gangs

Yes, keep him as he is
66%
He look better in long Jeans (like Cody in final fight)
34%
Total votes: 29

shadowgangs
Doom

(Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Post#1 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi everyone;

Dreamcast port Kickstarter live now here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jkmcorp/shadow-gangs-dreamcast-edition
Last edited by shadowgangs on Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Shadow Gangs, 80's arcade inspired ninja game.

Post#2 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:32 am

why no dreamcast version?
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#3 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:05 pm

I have no experience with the dreamcast, have no idea how to port the game to it and have no connection with a programmer experienced with the dreamcast.

But, I'll look into it and if it is something that can be done by me or another programmer, I'll put a Kickstarter tier for it.

krssn
Metallic

Post#4 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:21 pm

mazonemayu wrote:why no dreamcast version?

Because as nice as the game looks, this post is just a shameless plug made to advance the OP. Be it physical or digital items, making a first post about selling something is bad practice. Especially if it's going to remain just that, which is highly likely...

shadowgangs wrote:These kind of games like Shadow Gangs won't be brought back by big game companies, or the likes of Sega, Capcom etc...., they all seem to have moved to 3D and other new fancy gameplay styles etc..., so don't wait for them to release something like Shadow Gangs.

The 2D games revival has been going on for years now due to places like Steam, Xbox live Arcade and the likes. Then there's all the nice openBOR games, like Knights and Dragons, War of the Gems, etc...

It's never really been away on handhelds either.

shadowgangs wrote:Also feedback on the game all over the internet, here and friends has been very important, and this new demo is showing that. Apart from the new backgrounds, many enhancements and fixes have gone in.

Can't find any posts on this forum talking about this game. Feel free to point them out.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#5 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:54 pm

krssn wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:why no dreamcast version?

Because as nice as the game looks, this post is just a shameless plug made to advance the OP. Be it physical or digital items, making a first post about selling something is bad practice. Especially if it's going to remain just that, which is highly likely...

I came here to reach a bigger audience, especially one that might be interested in this game.

krssn wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:Also feedback on the game all over the internet, here and friends has been very important, and this new demo is showing that. Apart from the new backgrounds, many enhancements and fixes have gone in.

Can't find any posts on this forum talking about this game. Feel free to point them out.

Copy past error, sorry.
Not on this forum, but on others.
I thought maybe dreamcast and Sega fans might be interested, the reason I am posting here.

krssn
Metallic

Post#6 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:59 pm

shadowgangs wrote:I thought maybe dreamcast and Sega fans might be interested, the reason I am posting here.

No doubt about it. Like I said, the game looks really nice.

Except for the part with Kim Kardashian's ass, which instantly reminds me of...

Still doesn't change what I said in my previous comment though. Grmpf...

Good luck with the Kickstarter.

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#7 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:37 pm

This game looks great so much like shinobi which is my favorite sega game, I will buy this game when it comes out on steam, Even though you have no programming experience with the dreamcast I suggest you either learn how to do so (Sorry I can't help you out I as have minimal programming experience ) ro team up with someone who has the skills to develop for the dreamcast so they can port it over while you concentrate on the PC version(I think others will be able to point you in the right direction .

I know you only have 3 posts on this forum but I think you are probably unaware of how the dreamcast community works but one word of advice would be making a dreamcast version of your game a top priority will go a long way in terms of securing kickstarter funds. orry if I sound a bit rude :D

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Seriously the music is fucking amazing , I think this game even though it's a demo would have been a classic had it been released in the 80s-early 90s . I like the way the music just plays continuously on the kickstarter page (in game)

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#9 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:47 am

krssn wrote:Except for the part with Kim Kardashian's ass, which instantly reminds me of...

That's not present in the new video, KK was replaced to avoid any issues.

krssn wrote:Good luck with the Kickstarter.

Thank you.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#10 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:58 am

androiddreamcast wrote:This game looks great so much like shinobi which is my favorite sega game, I will buy this game when it comes out on steam, Even though you have no programming experience with the dreamcast I suggest you either learn how to do so (Sorry I can't help you out I as have minimal programming experience ) ro team up with someone who has the skills to develop for the dreamcast so they can port it over while you concentrate on the PC version(I think others will be able to point you in the right direction .

I looked at the dreamcast specs, a port is not straightforward.
The main reason being the memory of the dreamcast, both video and ram are not going to run Shadow Gangs as it is currently.
But with some optimizations, and having the dreamcast specs in mind it should be doable. (not easy, but doable for sure).
As you said, I better concentrate on the PC version which I think ultimately what I will do, as I want to implement good playability and gameplay over anything else.

androiddreamcast wrote:I know you only have 3 posts on this forum but I think you are probably unaware of how the dreamcast community works but one word of advice would be making a dreamcast version of your game a top priority will go a long way in terms of securing kickstarter funds. orry if I sound a bit rude :D

I have connections with other programmers who will be more than happy to tackle the dreamcast.
I'll do some search about the dreamcast, and study the issue in more details and will let you know soon what is the plans for it :)
I'll also be happy to see Shadow Gangs on the dreamcast, even if I don't own one at the moment.