Vidme is ending soon

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Vidme is ending soon

Post#1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Hey,

This may not matter to all of you, but Vidme is currently my main site for uploading content, and the service is shutting down on the 15th of December. It was made as an alternative to YouTube, and the perfect-ish place for me to start again after the YT termination. The Vidme creators will shut down the servers and delete all videos on that date, then come back with some new service in 2018.

Come to think of it, December 15 will be quite the day for the end of services; AOL Instant Messenger is also ending that day.

So, where will I be moving this time? Probably Vimeo; it seems like a good alternative to YouTube with a decent amount of users and viewers. I should be more successful there, seeing that I only have 19 followers on Vidme. A lot of the Vidme videos will be reuploaded on Vimeo, including the Saturn startup remakes and Sonic Forces vs. Mania.

I guess that's it. Sucks that the service is ending, but it was bound to happen anyways, and perhaps it wasn't the best place for my channel to succeed after the termination. :|

More info here: https://medium.com/vidme/goodbye-for-now-120b40becafa
SomeGuyWithASega Vidme channel: https://vid.me/SGWaS

VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: Vidme is ending soon

Post#2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 pm

after the YT termination.

What happened at YT?

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#3 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:13 pm

My original YT account had some offensive jokes and videos on it that YouTube didn't like, especially since their partnership with the ADL to censor and block offensive content. My first strike came on August 6th, the 2nd on the 7th, and my channel was terminated on the 12th. I created another Google account after that, which was taken down 4 days after.

Even if there was a lot of stupid offensive videos, I didn't, and still don't understand why YouTube couldn't have just deleted these videos and keep the actual good stuff that was on the channel. Now I've learned that YT doesn't treat its creators very well, with demonetization, YouTube Heroes and all that.

Even if these other services are more lenient about it, I'm still not gonna make much of that stuff anymore due to my absolute disgust with my YouTube experiences, and Google as a whole.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm

Fuck em awl

Return to “Off Topic”