XBAND Short Film

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Roareye
Metallic

XBAND Short Film

Post#1 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:13 am

I've been writing and developing a short horror film called XBAND, based on the old 90s modem on the SNES, Genesis/Mega Drive and Saturn.

The short film itself is nearing the end of it's writing phase and will soon be shifting to production. This will be a very stylistic film, with retro/analog technology at it's core. More information can be found on my website here: https://www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk/xband

As part of the build up to production, I've put together some videos about the real life XBAND service that you all might find interesting and/or entertaining. The first is a quick breakdown of XBAND as a service, and the second (released tonight at 5pm GMT - just over 3 hours from now) is a comical extra piece with deleted footage.

I hope you enjoy them. I look forward to hearing your comments ^_^

Roareye
Metallic

Re: XBAND Short Film

Post#2 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:10 am

New XBAND behind the scenes video releases in 2 hours. I discuss some of the props in the film, specifically two CRT TVs and a portable LCD TV Radio. Hope you guys like it. It's not directly related to the modem, but old tech is fun to look at.

mrneo240
Vagabond

Post#3 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Can I rip these and release as a MIL-CD video?

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#4 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Congratulations Roareye on winning first place for one minute twist @ Sundance film festival with Turning Tide!

Roareye
Metallic

Post#5 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:22 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Can I rip these and release as a MIL-CD video?

There's more to come, as well as the short film itself, but yeah. Feel free to make a MIL-CD of these extras ^_^

Roareye
Metallic

Post#6 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:24 pm

-drez01- wrote:Congratulations Roareye on winning first place for one minute twist @ Sundance film festival with Turning Tide!

Thank you Drez!

It was Raindance Film Festival just as an FYI, and the short can be seen from my website
www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk