New User, Hola!

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

3xC4l1bUr
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AlienFront, Bomberman, Quake and Unreal Tourney

New User, Hola!

Post by 3xC4l1bUr »

New user here on the boards, hoping to relive the glory days of Dreamcast online! Planning on saving up and purchasing a Dreamcast, some games and a DreamPi kit in the near future (Sold my old one years ago ;-;) Already have a Crossniq+ themed VMU I bought back during black friday (Pic's related). Hopefully I'll find some cool dudes/dudette's here! 8-)
Attachments
20200205_192026.jpg
20200205_192036.jpg
E.X. 8-)
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: New User, Hola!

Post by Ian Micheal »

Welcome to the best dreamcast forum :) were all helpful and freindly :)
deluxux
Black Mesa

Post by deluxux »

Welcome to the homepage of the dreamcast!
Sega RPG
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Gundam
Monaco Online
Pod
Maximum Pool
Planet Ring
Pso
Toy Racer
4x4 Evo

Post by 247 »

Welcome :)
poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post by poopidoop »

welcome, consider looking into a GDEMU clone. if you havent heard of it; the GDEMU is a optical drive replacement thats as simple to install as removing a couple screws and the gdrom drive and plugging this into its place.
3xC4l1bUr
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AlienFront, Bomberman, Quake and Unreal Tourney

Post by 3xC4l1bUr »

poopidoop wrote:welcome, consider looking into a GDEMU clone. if you havent heard of it; the GDEMU is a optical drive replacement thats as simple to install as removing a couple screws and the gdrom drive and plugging this into its place.

Is it necessary to get when I buy my dreamcast and install immediately or can I just get one whenever?
E.X. 8-)
Sega RPG
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Gundam
Monaco Online
Pod
Maximum Pool
Planet Ring
Pso
Toy Racer
4x4 Evo

Post by 247 »

When you want it, unless you want to preserve your laser...
poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post by poopidoop »

3xC4l1bUr wrote:
poopidoop wrote:welcome, consider looking into a GDEMU clone. if you havent heard of it; the GDEMU is a optical drive replacement thats as simple to install as removing a couple screws and the gdrom drive and plugging this into its place.

Is it necessary to get when I buy my dreamcast and install immediately or can I just get one whenever?

its not necessary to ever get it, only if you want one. i for one use it because i dont want to mess with burning discs, shitty or old discs giving me problems, scratching up my real copies, the load speeds are amazing, and i just load every game i want on an sd card for ease of use.

if youre a purist then this isnt for you, but its a great little mod that changes nothing on your dreamcast that cant be easily reverted and without damaging anything at all.
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

Welcome!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs
tralfamadorian
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by tralfamadorian »

I just found one at a yard sale, of all places. No saving up needed!