Next sonic game

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Poll: What type of sonic game do you think is in store for us for the next aniversary?

Another Boost game
18%
An Adventure-style game
41%
Sonic Mania 2 (or more classic sonic stuff)
12%
Sonic Adventure remake
18%
Something completely different (explain)
12%
Total votes: 17

JC34
lithium

Next sonic game

Post#1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Well, 2021 is apparently the release year for a new sonic game and I want to know what you think it will be. Leave a comment telling me if you think it will be good or bad.

JC34
lithium

Re: Next sonic game

Post#2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:13 pm

I personally think that SEGA is seeing the writing on the wall and realizing that the Adventure era fanbase is larger than just 3 people. So, in turn, they are going to make an adventure style game.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 pm

I dont want to see any more remakes.. I would like to see real sonic adventure game not a movie tie in ether .. A real rpg style in the style of PSO.. it could work so much to the sonic games that a proper online rpg of sonic would bring more mass appeal and not just sega fans

Then after that you could release any of the above and get not just sega fans but new fans to love sonic

thirdpunch
rebel

Post#4 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:49 pm

I would say it's time for Sonic Adventure 3.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 pm

thirdpunch wrote:I would say it's time for Sonic Adventure 3.

I couldn't agree more with thirdpunch and Ian. To answer the question, I strongly believe that it will not be an adventure game, but it was the adventure games that put Sonic in the appreciation of the real gamers and critics. They are the only games besides Sonic 2006 that I like.

I feel Sega will give us another Sonic Colors/Green Hill style of game. No more original Sonic Team staff to make a creative game.
Last edited by Bob Dobbs on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

beanboy
Wazza

Post#6 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:09 pm

I agree.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:44 pm

Well i guess so but it's not the same people that were the dev team who knows what junk you get these days..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:

I couldn't agree more with thirdpunch and Ian. To answer the question, I strongly believe that it will not be an adventure game, but it was the adventure games that put Sonic in the appreciation of the real gamers and critics. It is the only games besides Sonic 2006 that I like.

I feel Sega will give us another Sonic Colors/Green Hill style of game. No more original Sonic Team staff to make a creative game.

You said it better.. I'm a bit sick of remakes of idea's why not new idea's any more I understand it's a cash cow but it's looking like a dead horse the last few years lol.. Proper full freedom sonic needs to happen..

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:06 pm

With staff and higher up board changes like that at sega, I think that is why some people moreso Virtua Fighter fans, are worried that Virtua Fighter 6, might be a cash grab disappointment. Alot of them including myself, don't want Virtua Fighter ending up in the same path, like the sonic series has.

thirdpunch
rebel

Post#10 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:16 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:

I couldn't agree more with thirdpunch and Ian. To answer the question, I strongly believe that it will not be an adventure game, but it was the adventure games that put Sonic in the appreciation of the real gamers and critics. They are the only games besides Sonic 2006 that I like.

I agree. Last mainline Sonic game (not counting Sonic Mania) I had an incredible enjoyment for was Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast way back in June 2001. It has been a roller coaster since. I own them all so I know the struggle. I have a bad feeling we get something like Sonic Forces again which would be a complete let down.