Rare SEGA arcade cabinet found in UK barn

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

dubcity
Super Sonic

Rare SEGA arcade cabinet found in UK barn

Post#1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Rare SEGA arcade cabinet found in UK barn

Post#2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm

How in the hell does something like this happen? I mean, honestly, how does an unassuming farmer get his hands on an invaluable piece of arcade gaming history and let it fall into this state of disrepair? I mean it was not like it was a cheap Pac-Man cabinet which I am sure tens of thousands were produced. Only 200 of these were ever made. This hurts me deeply to my soul to see this.

I seriously want to know how this befell him to look after and let it get to this shape. It is not irreparable in this day and age at least what with 3D printers and CNC machines and replacing a few caps on the mobo as I have seen worse restored. But damn man this hurts too much to see haha.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:20 pm

Anthony817 wrote:How in the hell does something like this happen? I mean, honestly, how does an unassuming farmer get his hands on an invaluable piece of arcade gaming history and let it fall into this state of disrepair? I mean it was not like it was a cheap Pac-Man cabinet which I am sure tens of thousands were produced. Only 200 of these were ever made. This hurts me deeply to my soul to see this.

I seriously want to know how this befell him to look after and let it get to this shape. It is not irreparable in this day and age at least what with 3D printers and CNC machines and replacing a few caps on the mobo as I have seen worse restored. But damn man this hurts too much to see haha.

the local arcade shut down and that cab was put in this guys barn for storage. it was never moved cuz it was 2 tons. it was then beat up by the elements. dude couldn't even cover it up?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:54 pm

Holy shit, this looks too damn cool.

Reminds me of the game cabinet I played back in 2001 or so at my local Putt-Putt.

https://www.coinopexpress.com/news/235.html