Creepiest website you've ever been on?

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Londinium
dirty sailor

Creepiest website you've ever been on?

Post#1 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:18 pm

What's the creepiest site you've ever been on?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Creepiest website you've ever been on?

Post#2 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:17 pm

Facebook in 2022: my friend got a 29 day ban today for posting a pic of her hairless dog > nudity & sexual content :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#3 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:14 pm

Twitter.....will ban someone for Hurting someone's feelings while letting dictators have twitter accounts with no banning whatsoever

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#4 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:17 am

Seeing the OP sig reminds me of how much i miss the internet from 1999~2001!

Neo-dreamer
dark night

Post#5 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:12 pm

Neo-geo.com

Spleet
dark night

Post#6 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:54 am

Lhohq, before it was confirmed to be an indie art project... Not that there was ever any doubt, it was just the closest thing to strange I'd seem in a long time. Many current creators, like MillionDollarExtreme try to emulate that bizarre cacophony. It's that crispy "should-I-be-watching-this-may-be-illegal" aesthetic people crave.

krovellium
fire

Post#7 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:55 am

Spleet wrote:Lhohq, before it was confirmed to be an indie art project... Not that there was ever any doubt, it was just the closest thing to strange I'd seem in a long time. Many current creators, like MillionDollarExtreme try to emulate that bizarre cacophony. It's that crispy "should-I-be-watching-this-may-be-illegal" aesthetic people crave.

since when was lhohq an art project? i thought it was a honeypot or designed to hide actual sensitive info

Spleet
dark night

Post#8 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:15 pm

krovellium wrote:
Spleet wrote:Lhohq, before it was confirmed to be an indie art project... Not that there was ever any doubt, it was just the closest thing to strange I'd seem in a long time. Many current creators, like MillionDollarExtreme try to emulate that bizarre cacophony. It's that crispy "should-I-be-watching-this-may-be-illegal" aesthetic people crave.

since when was lhohq an art project? i thought it was a honeypot or designed to hide actual sensitive info

I guess I shouldn't say "confirmed" so matter of factly. There's a write up somewhere(probably reddit) where someone contacted a person credited in a video on the site and they gave the rundown of what it likely was and who created it based on initials found throughout.
It's kind of a dada-esque project that scans and scrapes text from defunct forums. Or something like that..

Turns out there's many more just like it made around the same time by different artists across the world. I can't name any off hand but if you search you can probably find them. What makes lhohq special, I suppose, is that the hosting continues to be paid, so it's either a home server or its paid up long in advance. Or the creator's been reupping the site for 20 years.

Dedication..

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#9 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:34 pm

Reddit and it’s weird subreddits for anything you could think of. And old blogs not really creepy but bizarre in the creativity in them.

Oh and the rumors part of the forum is something else. Creepy in it’s own way. :lol:

MondoGecko
minority

Post#10 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:14 pm

I agree with a lot of the sentiments toward social media sites here lol, but finding the Shaye St John website when I was a teenager in the mid-00s really freaked me out.