Chao in SA2DC can get sick too?

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Londinium
dirty sailor

Chao in SA2DC can get sick too?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:15 pm

One of my Chao in SA2 is coughing... on DC...

I never actually knew Chao sickness was a thing on the Dreamcast, I thought it was some GameCube exclusive feature, but nope, my Chao can be heard throughout the entire garden coughing.

I have no idea if I should take it to the doctor, since I already know of the gamebreaking glitch associated with it and I don't wanna take any chances.

Does anyone here know what to do?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Chao in SA2DC can get sick too?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:32 pm

I would make a backup save, then just take him to the doctor's office. Good luck.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:22 pm

Londinium wrote:One of my Chao in SA2 is coughing... on DC...

I never actually knew Chao sickness was a thing on the Dreamcast, I thought it was some GameCube exclusive feature, but nope, my Chao can be heard throughout the entire garden coughing.

I have no idea if I should take it to the doctor, since I already know of the gamebreaking glitch associated with it and I don't wanna take any chances.

What's the game breaking glitch with the Chao Doctor? I've never heard of it before :O

Londinium
dirty sailor

Post#4 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:33 pm

Roareye wrote:
Londinium wrote:One of my Chao in SA2 is coughing... on DC...

What's the game breaking glitch with the Chao Doctor? I've never heard of it before :O

From Chao-Island:

'There is a glitch on the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure 2 where it was said that if you take your reincarnated Chao to the Chao Doctor - it could crash your game and corrupt your save file!

The reason for this is due to the poor translation from Japanese. When you take your Chao to the Health Center anytime after it reincarnates, you have the chance of being told how many times the Chao has done so.

The thing is, this message is horribly bugged and will crash your game shortly after seeing it, with the risk of corrupting your entire save file!

This doesn’t happen with the Japanese version of the message. When using Japanese text, the message is entirely normal and does not crash your game or run the risk of losing your save file.'

Shitty translation fucking us over again

https://chao-island.com/info-center/misc/glitches
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#5 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:41 am

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to patch the text to prevent the crash.