smokeing

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderator: mazonemayu

User avatar
Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Posts: 1814
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#11 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:34 pm

TheCoolinator wrote:
Gary_b wrote:this makes me laugh. everything you said about weed can be applied to cigarettes too. i recently quit smoking after about 19 years. tobacco companies add a lot of bullshit to cigarettes and on top of all of the additives you have the paper that is wrapped around the cigs. the paper is often worse than the tobacco. many pot heads smoke from bongs and vaporizers and some even eat it, but we are talking about smoking here. factor all of that in plus the fact that many tobacco smokers smoke 20 to 60 tobacco cigarettes a day and pot heads only smoke about 1 to idk 20 and you will start to see why pot is safer imo. i cant suggest that anyone smoke either one though.


I don't believe that. Cigarettes are regulated under the ATF. That means if you buy an additive free pack of cigarettes its additive free. If you buy a Organic pack of cigarettes they better bet their ass that stuff is organic or they are going to be sued up and down.

Pot on the other hand makes you stupid, lazy, and the pot you smoke isn't regulated meaning it could be grown in anything, tainted with anything, and laced with anything.

I know quite a few people that smoked week laced with angel dust.... it wasn't fun for them.

You may as well buy a pack of additive free Winston's and drink a beer or two then get buy a bag of weed from some criminal.

OH! and on top of that if you get caught with weed....guess what??? YOU GO TO JAIL! You have a pack of organic / non-additive cigarettes you can smoke them all you want.
im sorry but this is all bullshit too. you can to buy weed that is regulated by local and state governments. California is huge for that and here in Michigan we just legalized it for medicinal use too. if it was as bad as you say how could doctors write prescriptions for it? as for drinking booze instead of smoking pot, do you really want to compare the two? drinking kills way more people than pot does every year. yes pot is illegal in most parts of the country and under federal law it is illegal every where. but this was not always the case and at one time drinking was illegal too. i guess what i am trying to say is just because something is or is not legal does not mean it is good or bad. it really pisses me off when someone tries to claim pot is bad by stating it is illegal and that booze is fine because it is legal. that is complete bullshit. i have seen first hand what pot and what alcohol can do to people and i would trust a pot head with my life any day of the week over a drunk.


i really shouldn't have responded to this thread at all because by me saying pot is better than tobacco and booze it appears that i am advocating it's use. this is not true! i don't think people should drink or smoke. my mom has lung cancer at this very minute and my dead was an alcoholic and died from drinking. anyways i am not debating this any farther if you want to think pot is the devil and that tobacco and booze is ok, then go for it. your a grown man and you are entitled to your opinions.

User avatar
Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy
Posts: 786
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#12 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Gary, i agree with you at some point. Weed is fine for medical purposes. In a certain way, and adequate doses..

I think i can affirm that NOT a single pot smoker does it for medical purposes, not in a adequate way (vaporizers..) and doses..

And somehow you can compare alcohol to weed. At some point they are the same: they are bad when you abuse of them. Do you know its actually GOOD for your heart ONE cup of wine per day? But people who drinks beer and stronger alcohols on parties till they pass out.. They dont do that for taking care of their heart...

User avatar
black flag nc
blackout!
Posts: 137
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#13 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:37 am

I would take exception to the notion that pot smokers are unemployed, violent dumbasses. My wife and I smoke weed everyday. We both work full time jobs (both of us are managers for Sears) and never miss a single payment on our bills. We're very intelligent, well read people.

Be careful making generalizations.
"Wait. It's a trick. Get an ax." -Ash

User avatar
TheCoolinator
Vagabond
Posts: 735
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#14 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:49 am

I've seen many lives go down hill because of weed. It's very sad. I still think it should be legalized and regulated but people need to understand that its illegal at the moment and can get you into a lot of trouble.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."


http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Posts: 3440
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#15 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 am

Politicians indulge, bankers indulge, the President of the USA indulged (he didn't inhale...yeah right), other countries export it legally into Canada, UK and the USA, police officers indulge, corporate CEO's/Reps indulge, athletes indulge.

This led to harder things, although I do not know why. It is at this point where life begins to decay (meaning moving on to coke, etc...).

SUMMARY:
I you want to do it, keep it under control, don't let it make you dependent like a baby needing a bottle. Personally for me, it's a waste of money, time and it is not good ethically if you have little ones. I like being sharp and under control all the time. I have no problem with those who opt to do otherwise 'cause you have to make your own path in life. Do not blame society, if it goes bad though.

*All best wishes to ALL here at DC-Talk, partakers or not*

MUSIC NOTE:
Ministry (the band) said it best..."Never Trust A Junkie" from "Just One Fix" and "Psalm 69". If you see this video on the big screen, you'll never want to move past pot.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

User avatar
black flag nc
blackout!
Posts: 137
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#16 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 am

Mary J is all I'm into. I don't even drink.
"Wait. It's a trick. Get an ax." -Ash

User avatar
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Posts: 3440
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#17 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Well put, Black Flag nc!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

User avatar
TheCoolinator
Vagabond
Posts: 735
Contact:

Re: smokeing

Post#18 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:24 am

Moderation is the key. ;) But I'm still weary of what's inside the weed, how it's grown, what chemicals are used in its production........None of this is known because it's still considered "illegal".

On the illegal subject....I don't think it should be illegal at all. It has been proven to have medicinal properties and some species of marijuana can be grown for Hemp products. So, in closing...it's still illegal and the cops will bust you and send you to jail if they find it on you. This won't happen if the cops find cigarettes or booze on you.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."


http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Dihnekis
Quad Damage
Posts: 200

Re: smokeing

Post#19 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Dr. Pariolo wrote:Uuh.. Smoking weed also kills you.. Its the smoking that kills.. No matter what you actually smoke. Every part of your body that has contact with the smoke, i repeat even weed, from the lips to the lungs has a high possibility to get cancer. And cancer does kill you.


This is entirely and completely wrong. There has not been a single instance of lung cancer in a patient that solely smoked cannabis. Prove me wrong, go ahead and try. In fact, in a recent Harvard study, they found that cigarette smokers who also smoke pot had a lower risk of cancer than cigarette smokers who did NOT smoke pot. They don't know why, and I'm not saying that pot is good for you (because it definitely isn't, and neither is caffeine), I'm just saying that it doesn't cause lung/throat/mouth cancer. Seriously, go find me one single instance, it should be easy right? You won't because there aren't any.

So yeah, do some research before you spout off about something you clearly have no idea about.

TheCoolinator wrote:
Pot on the other hand makes you stupid, lazy, and the pot you smoke isn't regulated meaning it could be grown in anything, tainted with anything, and laced with anything.



Also, stupid generalizations about any group of people are a waste of time. Calling pot smokers violent and poor is ridiculously silly. I'm an active, very physically fit student currently double majoring in History and Philosophy at a reasonably good public university. I am on a full scholarship. I get As and Bs, I work out 3 times a week, I have a job on campus that I work 30+ hours a week, I play guitar and drums, and I have an active social life.

I smoke pot basically all day every day. This is because I enjoy it. If I had to stop, I would immediately... but there is no reason for me to, as I enjoy it and it is having a basically neglible effect on my body. I can afford it easily. There are times I don't enjoy being high, so I don't get high. But for class/work/working out, I like to go in blitzed out of my mind. I am still a successful individual, because I can handle myself.

I don't blame my shortcomings on anything other than my own ambitions or lack of ambitions. Pot is just something I do for fun, and making generalizations like "poor and violent" reveal people to be close minded and silly. Sorry.

Oh, and about half my friends smoke pot and half don't. Of those that do, some are not very successful... but guess what.... I have friends that don't smoke pot at all and are still complete failures. My best friend smokes more pot than I do, and is in his 2nd year of law school at one of the nations top law programs... and he has never gotten a B in his life. I watched him take a giant bong rip and ride his bike off to go take the LSAT, and score a 170. He is going to be a successful person, and he intends to volunteer and have a positive impact on our planet (just as I do). The fact that he smokes a ton of pot doesn't really have anything to do with that.

I acquire my pot from one source. I've had the same source for four years. I know where he gets it, and I know how it is grown. It is grown indoors, in the United States, using only the finest fox farm organic nutrients and soil. I bet you can't say the same about your tobacco...

And sorry, I trust a friend I've known for years over some USDA stamp. He has an active interest in keeping the pot safe and high quality, so that his customers return.

Buy mexican brick weed off a random bum on the street, and yeah you are gonna smoke some unhealthy nasty stuff. Good, American indoor grown weed is almost guaranteed to be safe simply because it doesn't make sense to add dangerous shit... it's a plant, you give it nutrients, you water it, you cut off the bud, you dry it, you sell it. Mexican bulk operations need heavy pesticides and shit because they are growing over acres (hey, you know, like the USDA approved produce in grocery stores!), and they have to do shady shit to conceal the weed for transportation. American growers grow on a small scale, indoors where pesticides are not needed and transportation is much easier (no border to cross).

I clearly don't buy mexican brickweed.

Also, you don't go to jail if you get caught with pot. I live in a southern state with the absolute hardest weed laws in the country, and yet every single person I know who has gotten caught with pot has faced nothing more than about $500 in court costs and fines, some community service, a drug class, or a few months probation. You don't go to jail for smoking pot in the united states anymore, unless you get caught with a bulk amount or you get caught repeatedly.

Also, I only smoke in my house. The chance of me getting caught smoking in the house that I pay rent on is zero. My landlord cannot come in without 24 hours notice, cops can't come in without a warrant, and I'm not going to be stupid and leave a bong in plain sight of a window. Really not that risky. Again, the fact that I can smoke weed pretty much every 2 hours, in the state that is the most restrictive in the country, for over 4 years without getting caught or even almost caught means it is a fairly safe activity in regards to law enforcement.

User avatar
mxlvxnn
Anarki
Posts: 98

Re: smokeing

Post#20 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:48 pm

Dihnekis wrote:
Dr. Pariolo wrote:Uuh.. Smoking weed also kills you.. Its the smoking that kills.. No matter what you actually smoke. Every part of your body that has contact with the smoke, i repeat even weed, from the lips to the lungs has a high possibility to get cancer. And cancer does kill you.


This is entirely and completely wrong. There has not been a single instance of lung cancer in a patient that solely smoked cannabis. Prove me wrong, go ahead and try. In fact, in a recent Harvard study, they found that cigarette smokers who also smoke pot had a lower risk of cancer than cigarette smokers who did NOT smoke pot. They don't know why, and I'm not saying that pot is good for you (because it definitely isn't, and neither is caffeine), I'm just saying that it doesn't cause lung/throat/mouth cancer. Seriously, go find me one single instance, it should be easy right? You won't because there aren't any.

So yeah, do some research before you spout off about something you clearly have no idea about.

TheCoolinator wrote:
Pot on the other hand makes you stupid, lazy, and the pot you smoke isn't regulated meaning it could be grown in anything, tainted with anything, and laced with anything.



Also, stupid generalizations about any group of people are a waste of time. Calling pot smokers violent and poor is ridiculously silly. I'm an active, very physically fit student currently double majoring in History and Philosophy at a reasonably good public university. I am on a full scholarship. I get As and Bs, I work out 3 times a week, I have a job on campus that I work 30+ hours a week, I play guitar and drums, and I have an active social life.

I smoke pot basically all day every day. This is because I enjoy it. If I had to stop, I would immediately... but there is no reason for me to, as I enjoy it and it is having a basically neglible effect on my body. I can afford it easily. There are times I don't enjoy being high, so I don't get high. But for class/work/working out, I like to go in blitzed out of my mind. I am still a successful individual, because I can handle myself.

I don't blame my shortcomings on anything other than my own ambitions or lack of ambitions. Pot is just something I do for fun, and making generalizations like "poor and violent" reveal people to be close minded and silly. Sorry.

Oh, and about half my friends smoke pot and half don't. Of those that do, some are not very successful... but guess what.... I have friends that don't smoke pot at all and are still complete failures. My best friend smokes more pot than I do, and is in his 2nd year of law school at one of the nations top law programs... and he has never gotten a B in his life. I watched him take a giant bong rip and ride his bike off to go take the LSAT, and score a 170. He is going to be a successful person, and he intends to volunteer and have a positive impact on our planet (just as I do). The fact that he smokes a ton of pot doesn't really have anything to do with that.

I acquire my pot from one source. I've had the same source for four years. I know where he gets it, and I know how it is grown. It is grown indoors, in the United States, using only the finest fox farm organic nutrients and soil. I bet you can't say the same about your tobacco...

And sorry, I trust a friend I've known for years over some USDA stamp. He has an active interest in keeping the pot safe and high quality, so that his customers return.

Buy mexican brick weed off a random bum on the street, and yeah you are gonna smoke some unhealthy nasty stuff. Good, American indoor grown weed is almost guaranteed to be safe simply because it doesn't make sense to add dangerous shit... it's a plant, you give it nutrients, you water it, you cut off the bud, you dry it, you sell it. Mexican bulk operations need heavy pesticides and shit because they are growing over acres (hey, you know, like the USDA approved produce in grocery stores!), and they have to do shady shit to conceal the weed for transportation. American growers grow on a small scale, indoors where pesticides are not needed and transportation is much easier (no border to cross).

I clearly don't buy mexican brickweed.

Also, you don't go to jail if you get caught with pot. I live in a southern state with the absolute hardest weed laws in the country, and yet every single person I know who has gotten caught with pot has faced nothing more than about $500 in court costs and fines, some community service, a drug class, or a few months probation. You don't go to jail for smoking pot in the united states anymore, unless you get caught with a bulk amount or you get caught repeatedly.

Also, I only smoke in my house. The chance of me getting caught smoking in the house that I pay rent on is zero. My landlord cannot come in without 24 hours notice, cops can't come in without a warrant, and I'm not going to be stupid and leave a bong in plain sight of a window. Really not that risky. Again, the fact that I can smoke weed pretty much every 2 hours, in the state that is the most restrictive in the country, for over 4 years without getting caught or even almost caught means it is a fairly safe activity in regards to law enforcement.


1. The title needs a spellcheck

2. Coolinator, I think you need to smoke some weed bro.

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users