Would you recomend firefox

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

JamesFC
shadow

Re: Would you recomend firefox

Post#11 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:02 am

Yes, extremely recommend it! The best browser to use, easy & fast! Highly recommended!

pressure
Anarki

Post#12 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am

I love firefox and its addons but...Am i the only one that feel firefox had become more heavier? Even that my addons aren't that much my pc is becoming slower cause of my firefox...I also have heard that if you use firefox more than 2hours it starts making ur pc slower :?

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#13 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:14 pm

pressure wrote:I love firefox and its addons but...Am i the only one that feel firefox had become more heavier? Even that my addons aren't that much my pc is becoming slower cause of my firefox...I also have heard that if you use firefox more than 2hours it starts making ur pc slower :?

That's why I use Chrome. Firefox made my PC slow too...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#14 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:57 pm

well, i do enjoy firefox, having noscript and addblock really improves my browsing.
On the other hand, it comsumes alot of Ram after some time, but that can be fixed easily.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Would you recomend firefox

Post#15 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:02 am

You should all give Safari a try. The latest version is blindingly fast compared to FF and it has some pretty neat features. Now there are versions for Mac and PC there's no reason to ignore it ;)

nnorton44
Doom

Post#16 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 am

funkyone wrote:I usually use chrome. You can also try this out. It is faster than firefox. Firefox is also good, some time i used it but not every time.

Yeah I use Chrome also.

Logic
core

Post#17 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:35 am

Firefox in both function and aesthetics has become noticeably heavier as a browser. It shows on the heavy websites, but can be irritating on simpler sites. For some reason, FF seems to do fine when loading up intensive web pages but wants to take it's time loading less intensive pages.

It also is less efficient with add-ons and extensions than chrome is. I could say I recommend it, but I personally use it as a backup browser(with DDG as my omni/address search and homepage). But FF is REALLY dependent on heavy you fancy customization at all in contrast to performance.

If your not visiting many heavy sites or such often, I would reccomend chrome as it has greater stability and suffers little in performance from add-ons/extensions. If Privacy is a big thing for you though, Firefox is the leading IE emulator for most sites(AKA, "this site only works in IE") and the 3rd most popular browser, so it's got to be doing something right.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#18 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:32 pm

I wasn't concerned with speed, but for now i'm loving FF, some plugins are great and the adblock + noscript combo takes care of the security issues

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#19 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:43 pm

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:I wasn't concerned with speed, but for now i'm loving FF, some plugins are great and the adblock + noscript combo takes care of the security issues

There's a better solution for that. Changing the hosts file on your PC...

http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

nnorton44
Doom

Post#20 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Check out this article if you want even faster browsing :mrgreen:

How to move the Firefox or Chrome cache to a RAM disk and speed up surfing by 20% or more
http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2010/11/10/how-to-move-the-firefox-or-chrome-cache-to-a-ram-disk-and-speed/

I just made a 500MB RAMDISK, I have 8GB DDR3 so no worries about using extra RAM. Also it moves the cache off my SSD so I don't have unnecessary writes 8-)

Return to “Off Topic”