What games of to day wood u have like to see on dreamcast

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

What games of to day wood u have like to see on dreamcast

Post#1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Like for example i think chainsaw lollypop, bio shock, dead rising, love this game buy the way Halo o wait a minute that was going to be on the Dreamcast lol ;) just name a few

BionicKoalaBoy
photon blast

Re: What games of to day wood u have like to see on dreamca

Post#2 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:43 am

Everyone here agrees Dreamcast is awesome. But it just wouldn't be able to handle modern games ( the ones you mentioned at least ). We're talking hardware that's over fifteen years old. You can look at games like Urban Chaos, Shenmue and Headhunter, to see how a 'roaming' 3D character game would work. I think there would just be too many objects ( characters/polys ) on screen, and the CPU would just 'chug' to a halt. Shemue 2 was probably about as graphically rich as it got, and it featured frequent slow-down. It had to use 'Quick-time' to cover this fact. You could use pS2 as a comparable benchmark, but like it or not, DC is very short on RAM and has a very low polygon count in comparison. it's a nice idea, but everything would be very 'dumbed down' or have awful pop-up. Also, it's often the games that give the console it's identity and character. Sometimes you just have to go to the hardware for the software you like. If you love the games you've listed, you'd be sorely disappointed to see the DC version. What would be the reason to create an inferior port when older 360 games are so cheap second hand. DC is retro whether we like it or not, and the poor fella however fantastic, has his limits. ;)
Last edited by BionicKoalaBoy on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:42 pm

flappybird

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:31 pm

The Amazing Spider-man 1 & 2 as well as the first 3 movie titles. Off-topic, the only other game that is not current but was by Sega, was NFL2k5 (Xbox & PS2 only). I hear there is a Dreamcast NFL2k2 roster update/save for that but I have not found it.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:37 am

Grand Theft Auto III (or higher) and Minecraft. In fact, there was a GTA game released for Dreamcast (GTA 2), but I would like to see a 3D GTA game on Dreamcast, especially considering that it could handle it.

(EDIT: Kinda messed up there. It probably couldn't handle i because of the reduced disc space and other stuff.)

In fact, Rockstar Games was actually making a Dreamcast port of GTA III around 2001, but cancelled the project because it died too soon.

The more you know. ;)
Last edited by hudsthinking1999 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

BionicKoalaBoy
photon blast

Post#6 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:27 am

hudsthinking1999 wrote:Grand Theft Auto III (or higher) and Minecraft. In fact, there was a GTA game released for Dreamcast (GTA 2), but I would like to see a 3D GTA game on Dreamcast, especially considering that it could handle it.
In fact, Rockstar Games was actually making a Dreamcast port of GTA III around 2001, but cancelled the project because it died too soon.

The more you know. ;)

I can't find any reference to Rockstar or Take2 planning a DC port of GTA3. ( ? ) I believe they where porting MAX PAYNE though, and a character Kart racer called AUSTIN POWERS: MOJO RALLY ( http://www.unseen64.net/tag/mojo-rally/ ) where did you hear the rumour?

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#7 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:56 am

hudsthinking1999 wrote:Grand Theft Auto III

try Urban Chaos
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#8 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:37 pm

BionicKoalaBoy wrote:I can't find any reference to Rockstar or Take2 planning a DC port of GTA3. ( ? ) I believe they where porting MAX PAYNE though, and a character Kart racer called AUSTIN POWERS: MOJO RALLY ( http://www.unseen64.net/tag/mojo-rally/ ) where did you hear the rumour?

I saw it on the Wikipedia page for GTA III once, but they must have deleted any reference to it, since it isn't on the page anymore.

-Some plebs at IGN

BionicKoalaBoy
photon blast

Post#9 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:11 pm

hudsthinking1999 wrote:
BionicKoalaBoy wrote:I can't find any reference to Rockstar or Take2 planning a DC port of GTA3. ( ? ) I believe they where porting MAX PAYNE though, and a character Kart racer called AUSTIN POWERS: MOJO RALLY ( http://www.unseen64.net/tag/mojo-rally/ ) where did you hear the rumour?

I saw it on the Wikipedia page for GTA III once, but they must have deleted any reference to it, since it isn't on the page anymore.

Wikipedia is editable by anybody isn't it, and notoriously inaccurate sometimes. It could have been a post by a member of the public, removed/edited by Rockstar or someone who knew different ( ? )

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#10 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Yeah, I was guessing that. Now I feel like an idiot.

"i red it on teh internet so it muzt bee troo!1!!!1!" :lol:

-Some plebs at IGN