DCeric needs your help to get a copy of Windows 8

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

DCeric
undertow

DCeric needs your help to get a copy of Windows 8

Post#1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:16 am

Hey DCeric fans was wondering if anybody would able to help me out and donate some money so I can put it towards a copy of Windows 8. I got a new board and both of my licenses are restricted to that one board. I'm not asking for much can be as much as you want it would be of great help. If I don't get a copy of Windows 8 for this computer I won't be able to use it with your help we can make that possible. I'm trying to sell some things off but that only does so much with every little cent or dollar going towards this I can finally get my copy. If you'd like to help me out please visit the link below or click on the donate button at the other side of the screen.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... FKSADAJGDL

BnGamesReviews
blackout!

Re: DCeric needs your help to get a copy of Windows 8

Post#2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Im usually not this confrontational but asking for money, on a forum you have 4 posts on is wrong. Asking for money from strangers for software is wrong. I would tell you to get a job and earn it.

Now if your selling stuff, id be interested in that. If you are selling rare/collectible games (No matter what platform) I would be ok with that as long as its not at ebay listed prices. Name a few and maybe we can work out a deal.

Also, Windows 8 is garbage. It would be cheaper to buy a copy of Windows 7 OEM, which is much more reliable. If your motherboard is using GPT Partition, you will need to see if you can find instructions on switching it back to MBR. If this is a laptop that is stuck with a proprietary harddrive that will only work with GPT, then you are SOL.

I will still advise you find employment and refrain from begging on the internet.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:52 pm

BnGamesReviews wrote:I will still advise you find employment and refrain from begging on the internet.

And from advertising his blog, using a VGA adapter that someone else over at AssemblerGames made as an excuse :roll:

DCeric
undertow

Post#4 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:57 am

I'm sure you guys don't know who I am so I am fine with your comments. That post about the VGA Adapter was actually requested by this sites admin so it wasn't just about advertising. Oh great now you made me have my 5th post :lol:.

Impulse
Admin

Post#5 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:53 pm

There's really nothing wrong with the post from a rules standpoint, it's in the off topic section which is fine. I know Dceric, he's not a spammer or someone with the sole intent of coming here to spam or only request donations. He has a website/blog: http://dcericgamingnews.blogspot.ca .

The vga adapter post was just a review of the product that many people could benefit from since VGA adapters are becoming expensive and hard to find.
-Impulse

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#6 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against DCeric or the review itself, but posting rather tiny screenshots and then saying "if you want to see them with good quality, go take a look on my blog" sounds a little immoral, like if the sole purpose of the review was to advertise the blog.

By the way, why was it removed? Never got a chance to take a look.

EDIT: Nevermind, the blog wasn't loading.

DCeric
undertow

Post#7 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:29 am

LOL you should have to be pissed off for that there is a good reason for it. For one I don't know how to resize it for this site.

monster9000
dark night

Post#8 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:35 pm

smh

show spoiler»

DCeric
undertow

Post#9 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 pm

True somebody already got me a copy anyways. I'm not into pirating cause I like to keep my computer free from viruses and malware.