Tape help

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Tape help

Post#1 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Yep, I'm still at it with the tapes. God, what am I doing?

Anyways, I got this brand-new, never opened BASF Ferro Extra Type I 90-minute cassette tape. I recorded a few things on it, before finally deciding to make an awesome mixtape: all KISS songs on side A, and all AC/DC songs on side B. I thought it would be a nice present for my dad. :)

One I finished recording all of the songs, I played it back. But near the start of side B, the music started to fade and distort, and the player started making a weird, faint noise--it sounded like a mix between a crunching noise and a tape squeal.

After 10 seconds of it, I stopped the tape and pressed play again, and it was gone.

When I tried to rewind or fast forward the tape while it was making the noise, the rewind/ff was more sluggish than usual. When I did it manually with a BIC pen, the tape required more force to get it to turn. But when I rewound it back enough, it was normal again.

This is really weird to me. I've rarely ever had this happen to any of my cassettes. Could someone help me out? I'd really appreciate it.

It was a shame too, 'cuz those were really good songs.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Return to “Off Topic”