Pc woes

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Pc woes

Post#1 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:09 pm

So early this morning I decided to update my computer. When my computer rebooted, it would not boot up the bios. I was going to flash it to the latest version before it did that to me. I've had some issues with my computer when I first got it where it would not boot up the first time every time, so when that happened I just soft reset the computer. Now this time it doesn't at all. The moment when I realized I screwed up is right before the computer was scheduled to reboot to continue the update procedure it just locked up at the bios as usual with my computer. I didn't have to reset the computer to know that i've corrupted the bios because it was already too late when I seen it there on screen for too long.

So basically I'm out without a decent computer for the holidays. This will however not affect tomorrow's Dreamcast Live Wednesday's event since I still plan on attending 4x4 Evo, but still bummed out. Any advice would be helpful while I try to find a way to fix it. If I managed to fix a Dell Pc of a corrupted boot sector, then I can definitely do this. I have posted my specs somewhere on this forum somewhere but it a pain to navigate with tapatalk since this site doesn't support it 100% of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edit: I brought to my local repair shop, I had the jumper pins moved on the motherboard which then refreshed the hardware, then placed it back. The drama is over.
Last edited by scaryred24 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

TacT
Uber

Re: Pc woes

Post#2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:14 am

You tried to update the bios?
What motherboard do you have?

it's still thinking.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: Pc woes

Post#3 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:54 pm

TacT wrote:You tried to update the bios?
What motherboard do you have?

I have a AsRock H81M-VG4. I just updated the original post. I request the thread to be closed now.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image