NES Problems

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

NES Problems

Post#1 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Does anybody know how to get an NES to read games. Mine will read them but only after 30mins. of turning it on and off.

PSO Character
Name: Taz
Level: 26
Type: HUcast
ID: BLUEFULL
Version: 2

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: NES Problems

Post#2 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:09 am

the 72 pin connector inside the nintendo might be gong bad, if so, replace the 72 pin connector inside your NES and that should make it read games better.

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#3 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:19 am

Gary_b wrote:the 72 pin connector inside the nintendo might be gong bad, if so, replace the 72 pin connector inside your NES and that should make it read games better.

I tried that a couple years ago and it really didn't do much. So I don't know if it's the games being dirty or what.

PSO Character

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#4 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:38 am

Hobofreak wrote: So I don't know if it's the games being dirty or what.
it very well could be dirty games. try cleaning the games with some rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip.

MrSega

Post#5 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:54 pm

There's a myth that blowing on NES cartridges,damages the the pins like the "going blind from masturbation(pardon my french) and sitting too close to the TV" it's not true.

If your loader doesn't work, it may be because of bad connectors. Try disasembling you NES and wiping and cleaning them with alcohol.

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#6 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 am

MrSega wrote:If your loader doesn't work, it may be because of bad connectors. Try disasembling you NES and wiping and cleaning them with alcohol.

I've done that many times and its never worked for me, but today I got the idea of using sand paper to clean the contacts on the system and games. And what do you know it actually worked. Now my games actually play and I don't have to reset it a million times to get them to work.

PSO Character

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:38 am

I have that issue with my NES.
What I do is I blow inside in the NES, and I also blow in the games & clean them with rubbing alchol. I also clean them a couple of times a week to keep em clean, and blow inside the NES regularly to keep out the dust. Since you already replaced the 72 pin it sounds like the NES is being collected with dust and unable to play games. I also second MrSega's idea.
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202