Question about peripherals

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Question about peripherals

Post#1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:25 pm

How come games "support" or not peripherals? They are just a piece of plastic! What setting/configuration does change, for instance, on resident evil chronicles if you put your tv remote con..i mean.. your wiimote inside a piece of plastic? I actually tested changing it (i dont own a wiizapper), and guess what: i didnt feel any change!

Ive seen that on resident evil, mario kart, medal of honor.. And i bet theres a bunch more but i havent went through all games options menus..

It can not add any feature, since the "peripheral" does not provide any new button, or motion sensor, or whatsoever.. God, its just plastic! So, really, why do some games provide "support" for these? Am i missing something big here or does nintendo think gamers are that stupid and by doing this they are making their peripherals actually worth it?

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: Question about peripherals

Post#2 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:39 pm

only a few will do anything. like the retro controller, wii balance board, wii speak, wifi adapter and the wii motion plus.

as far as i can tell all of them plastic add ones are crap. save your money and buy something more worth while. we have a few of them here and we don't use em.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#3 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah i was mainly speaking of the wii zapper and the wiiwheel.. And this one, which i dont even to know whats its called...

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#4 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:34 pm

when you say support im guessing that you're talking about the pictures they put on the back of the box art? my guess is that this so called support you speak of is a disguise for advertising lmao. i think they just want you to be aware that they made a plastic pile of shit for everyone to buy :lol: :lol:

the nintendo wii's packaging is by far the worst. they don't tell you very much. such as how many players can play online at one time. for instance on animal crossing the back just says 1 player. WTF! you can play with more ppl online! it does say that you can play with friends online in a small caption window but, it doesn't say how many. also if microsoft can print the on and offline max player information why cant nintendo? xbox and xbox 360 games have tons of information. anything from HD signal outputs to co-op max player counts. i know PS2 games are similar to xbox and 360 games, not so sure about PS3 games?

Dr. Pariolo

Post#5 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Gary_b wrote:when you say support im guessing that you're talking about the pictures they put on the back of the box art?

No, i wouldnt care about that. Like i said in my first post, theres some games that in options menu, theres a option for "wii zapper on/off", or the wheel thingy. But theres an ON/OFF setting for those peripherals. And thats the main point of my thread. WTH does that option do? Does it change sensivity, button layout? WTF does it do?

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#6 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:50 pm

hmm, i never noticed those setting in any of the games. i know when i play HOTD for wii i thought the zapper was about the dumbest thing in the world. you could still see cross hairs on the screen. so instead of it playing like a light gun game it still played like a wiimote game. so maybe for gun games it takes out the cross hairs? as for mariokart, fuck if i know? i cant see it doing anything at all, but it must, right?

now im wondering wtf this shit does but i cant test anything atm. all our wii shit is packed up in a box.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#7 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Gary_b wrote: as for mariokart, fuck if i know? i cant see it doing anything at all, but it must, right?

Well thats the whole question. I dont know if im missing something huge or if, like i said, nintendo thinks their gamers are that fucking R-tarded.

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#8 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Alright i know what you mean on some of the games but this is what it does.
For the wii zapper on the resident evil cronicle games they make it so the buttons change durring dodges etc.. i think they also made it so the knife swings faster on the zapper mode. you cant use the a button while using the zapper so they just made it so you cant use the a button.

as for mario kart. yes it does change somthing. it allows you to use your controller to turn and accelerate etc.. but if you plug in the numbchuck you cant turn with it, same thing if you plug in any other controller.

Personally i think i can shoot faster without using the zapper. and i think i can turn better without using the wheel.
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Dr. Pariolo

Post#9 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 pm

aaaah that makes sense mike. Thanks for the input.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#10 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Dr. Pariolo wrote:Yeah i was mainly speaking of the wii zapper and the wiiwheel.. And this one, which i dont even to know whats its called...

Some kid is gonna get this and break his controller within 10 seconds.
Regards,
brourke228