Neo Geo VC Games on PAL Wii: RGB 60hz

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Neo Geo VC Games on PAL Wii: RGB 60hz

Post#1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:42 pm

As most people know, if a Neo Geo VC game is booted on a PAL Wii, it detects if you are outputting RGB and forces itself into 50hz. This means that no amount of patching/homebrew will get around this. All I wanted to do was own a legal copy of Last Blade 2 and play it at the right speed on my CRT via RGB SCART but I couldn't....until now

A professional Component to RGB Transcoder :mrgreen:

The game will boot in 60hz if Component video is being outputted but sadly most Standard Definition CRT's in the UK do not have component video inputs, only SCART. So I changed the region/video to NTSC via softmod and voila....a nice 240p picture!

I have to say I'm shocked Nintendo went out of their way to ensure PAL gamers can't play Neo Geo VC games at the right speed with the best quality picture.
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

krssn
Metallic

Re: Neo Geo VC Games on PAL Wii: RGB 60hz

Post#2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:16 pm

rjay63 wrote:I have to say I'm shocked Nintendo went out of their way to ensure PAL gamers can't play Neo Geo VC games at the right speed with the best quality picture.

That's because SEGA did what Nintendoesn't... :P

Give us standard 60Hz games in Europe as of 1999...

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Re: Neo Geo VC Games on PAL Wii: RGB 60hz

Post#3 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:01 pm

krssn wrote:That's because SEGA did what Nintendoesn't... :P

Give us standard 60Hz games in Europe as of 1999...

On a slightly unrelated note, my Wii is just sitting in one of my drawers collecting dust right now. I only use it for YouTube and web browsing (to give the Wii credit, I think it has a better browser than the PS3. Just get rid of the stupid, gimmicky Wiimote and we're all set) when everybody's using everything else.

Usually, I keep my Dreamcast up instead. :)
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN